• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

when will these guys learn?

here is my problem:

LaVeon Bell gets a DUI and busted with about a pound of weed and gets 2 games

Breeland gets a citation and gets 1 game.

Does that seem like fair play?

Bell plays for Art Rooney. I'll save my comments, but I put him up there with Mara in terms of being a sycophant.

Nick

Well, Jerry Jones isn't the most beloved owner around the NFL either and Greg Hardy got bargained down to what is a joke suspension.

The NFL says violence against women is among the worst crimes, etc. but in the end you face a guy down with a penalty of 25% of ONE season's worth of games for what you say is inexcusable behavior?

Josh Gordon gets ONE YEAR for weed? :laugh:

The contradictions in the NFL penalties make the process of 'self-policing' the league a joke.

Still.. Rooney is like Baby Jesus in the eyes of the league, mostly because of his father. Same with John Mara.

They can both go **** themselves in Macy's window.

Nick

So we've now brought two probable domestic violence abusers onto the roster and have another weed user (history says it won't be a one and done offense). This is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's the other one? Crowder?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

here is my problem:

LaVeon Bell gets a DUI and busted with about a pound of weed and gets 2 games

Breeland gets a citation and gets 1 game.

Does that seem like fair play?

The justice system according to God-dell!

So we've now brought two probable domestic violence abusers onto the roster and have another weed user (history says it won't be a one and done offense). This is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not new news... we knew he got popped last offseason when it happened....

Dammit Breeland

image.jpg

Young kids + tons of money and fame + women and parties all over the place = exactly this.

I'm really surprised that most seem to be able to handle it.

Think back to when you were 23. Someone hands you a few million. You can sleep with any of hundreds of women, and you're going to be featured on ESPN an hour from now for shutting down Dez Bryant. The parties must be insane.

I'm not excusing the behavior, but these really are still kids in many cases.

There's no comparing when we were young men and the situation an NFL athlete is in. They know they risk losing millions and potentially the entire opportunity to play in the NFL. They know this and yet many of them are still too stupid or undisciplined to set it aside during their playing years. That's the unbelievable part.

Good people sometimes do very stupid things. I'm a great example.

I came from a family of very modest means. I had an amazing run of luck at a very early age (kind of like hitting a contract in the NFL to a lesser degree) and I acted irresponsibly.

Whatever you are thinking of right now, I probably did it. Short of hard drugs, I went wild. I partied hard, went through women like Kleenex and finally ended up with 3 DUIs. Fortunately none of those ended up in accidents, or in anyone getting hurt. Society also looked much differently upon DUIs 20 years ago.

Today, I'm now 45 years old. I haven't had a DUI in over 20 years. But I still do stupid things.

I'll likely go up to the store today to buy a pack of cigarettes. Why? Because I'm still an absolute moron in that one aspect of my life. I'm smart enough to know that nothing good can come of smoking. But I'll buy a pack. And I know the consequences.

100% self-control is difficult for a large amount of people. Whether it's drinking, drugs, smoking or eating too much--it's a struggle for many.

I believe it's extra challenging when mixed with youth, fame and millions of dollars.

We all have our Achilles heal. Every. Single. One. Of us.

Most of us are just lucky enough to be able to hide it in our anonymity.

There but for the grace of God and all that...

The nfl doesn't go by state laws. DC is a legalized city buy they have their own rules.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Young kids + tons of money and fame + women and parties all over the place = exactly this.

I'm really surprised that most seem to be able to handle it.

Think back to when you were 23. Someone hands you a few million. You can sleep with any of hundreds of women, and you're going to be featured on ESPN an hour from now for shutting down Dez Bryant. The parties must be insane.

I'm not excusing the behavior, but these really are still kids in many cases.

When I was 23, I was coming back from the Indian Ocean on a Nuclear Powered Cruiser. We had urine tests for drugs since I worked in highly classified areas, plus being the oldest brother I was the role model for my brothers I was taught by my parents to obey the law and respect authority. Athletes today especially in the NFL which stands for not for long should ask themselves one question, Is this joint worth 10 million dollars? What is your fall back plan if you are kicked out of the league for using drugs or beating women and you are only 20 to 30 years old?

ND - first of all, it is great to see you post brother. Secondly - I agree. But I also remember the amount of impulse control I had at that age and that making the right decision wasn't always certain depending on the temptation in question. My thing is on weed, I can understand/forgive one screw up. It's unfortunate and it pisses me off, but I can understand it. But guys that continue to screw up, hurt their team, and even put their careers in jeopardy, that's just plain stupid and selfish. If I was an NFL coach and had a repeat offender, I don't care who it was, I'd release them. And I'd make sure they and their agent knew I intended to do it after the first time.

It's a sign of the times.

The NFL needs to start looking at weed like alcohol.

After all, it's legal in many of the states they play in.

Which makes things even more curious... I know the league can do whatever they want, but different states tax differently. Imagine the nightmare of being a pro athlete working in multiple states over a season and the tax nightmare that gives you. No wonder so many of these guys get bilked by bad accounting.

The league can't do anything about that, but drug laws open up another curiosity and how they vary state-to-state. Again, the league can do whatever they wish, so I'm just curious.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.