• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign Junior Galette to One Year Deal

Vet minimum and a chance to "prove himself" there is no risk there. He is going to line up with Pot Roast and destroy offensive lines. This is going to be GOOOOOOOOOD.

I would love to know if he had any connection to either Scot, DC, any current players or coaches.
This is low risk/high reward.

I read somewhere that he played College ball with Pot Roast.

Nick

Love it!

This is smart for so many reasons.

And if he leaves next season, we may be granted a compensatory pick for him. McLovin may have just "bought" a draft pick at worst case.

Now if we could only turn back the clock and do the same thing for La'el Collins.

Trent on one side, Collins on the other....and Scherff at guard? Child please.

I think its a smart move, very low risk and I read Pot Roast stated he wanted a chance to play with Galette and help him get his life straight. We all make mistakes and it's not like he put his fist upside the girls head, he was surrounded by a very large group of people and was swinging his belt at all of them. I love how the headlines is "Galette hits woman with belt" with zero mention of the mob she was a part of that was attacking him.

Look, if I'm walking down the street and a mob of people are attacking me, I'm hit every chin in sight! Sorry, but a person has a right to protect themselves, even if he instigated it, when a mob comes after you, none of us are going to stand there passively and get their asses beat. Lol

Good signing, low risk and it only makes our defense better. If he really is a turd then flush him and move on!

Yeah, I'm not much on the beating up girls thing either but from what I saw, the woman getting hit with the strap was well clear and came at him with attitude, he (if it was him) was already in strike mode and anyone who came at him was going to be hit except perhaps a little kid that doesn't intimidate.

Not particularly defending the guy, don't know all of the circumstances to judge one way or another but I didn't see anyone backing off and if a woman sticks her nose in there she should not expect to do so with impunity..... at least not-now-a-days.

they did go to college together...and pot roast grew up with Chris Baker...makes me wonder if all 3 of them are friends.

Yeah, I'm not much on the beating up girls thing either but from what I saw, the woman getting hit with the strap was well clear and came at him with attitude, he (if it was him) was already in strike mode and anyone who came at him was going to be hit except perhaps a little kid that doesn't intimidate.

Not particularly defending the guy, don't know all of the circumstances to judge one way or another but I didn't see anyone backing off and if a woman sticks her nose in there she should not expect to do so with impunity..... at least not-now-a-days.

oh, no. I fully agree with you here. he didn't rush after her and beat her down...quite the contrary. he was backing up because people were rushing him, he stumbled on a chair, and then went to swinging. I'm not even sure he knew she was a woman when he hit her because he was in such a fury trying to get people off of him.

Again, I wonder given the history of suspensions being bargained down seemingly in every case to quite minimal levels (ie Greg Hardy 4 games) how long the NFL is going to be in the 'police' business...................

If a guy is charged with misdemeanor or felony charges THAT ARE PROVEN, then he should face sanction from the league as well as the court system.

But where there are no charges this whole process of 'creating responsibility' just doesn't seem to work.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN · 48m48 minutes ago

Bottom line: If you can get a 27-y.o. double digit sack guy for minimum salary and he’s not Son of Sam, you do it.

I'm a little surprised you guys are playing apologist. Not only did the guy participate in a pretty nasty assault on a female, but he was by all accounts a divisive force in the locker room. I don't care if he had 39 sacks and is Pot Roast's lover - you want to root for this kind of guy? It's not always about the football - at least not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little surprised you guys are playing apologist. Not only did the guy participate in a pretty nasty assault on a female, but he was by all accounts a divisive force in the locker room. I don't care if he had 39 sacks and is Pot Roast's lover - you want to root for this kind of guy? It's not always about the football - at least not for me.

I'm typically right there with you Boone, zero tolerance when it comes to a man assaulting a woman. But honestly, I see things in a whole knew light now that I've been teaching High School for three years. Many of these females arent "women", I can promise you that! ESPECIALLY when they're in a mob. We had an incident down here in South MS where two dudes were having a "fair" fight and one of the guys got the upper hand and was on top of the other guy. Well, the girlfriend of the guy on the bottom came up and kicked him in the face like his head was a soccer ball and then two of her other girlfriends joined in on the beating.

Fist fights have changed with the onset of technology, everyone wants to make it on allstar hip hop or become youtube famous, even its not fair. Shit done got crazy! Now correct me if I'm wrong, but its him and maybe one other dude surrounded and being rushed by 5 to 10 people, when that happens, you don't have time to pick and choose who to defend yourelf from.

Not apologizing, but I've seen some crazy stuff over the last three years!

As far as his prescence in the lockerroom, scuttlebutt down here in Saints country is that lockerroom may be more toxic and disfunctional than ours. Ever since "bountygate" this team has been in shambles and the only thing holding it together has been Brees. Katrina gave the players and orginazation something to play for and they went from cellar to Champions, but now that the water has receded and things have gotten back to normal, so has the culture that existed inside their orginization that caused them to be losers. Now, this is hearsay, but its just what I've heard Saints fans say.

HOWEVER, letting his girlfriend blast the Saints on social media or him using her account to blast them, that's classless and uncalled for, but welcome to America in 2015. I hope and pray this signing means some conversations were had with Scot and he was convinced it was the right thing to do. All we can do is hope he's right.

McCloughan knows it wasn't the right thing to do. You do the right thing when you make a decision you know could hurt you but you make it anyway (like passing on a cheap, talented player). This is becoming standard NFL practice. Tolerate thuggery if the perpetrator is talented enough, make excuses for the player, and do anything to win. McCloughan's not alone, but i was hoping he meant it when he said it was all about character guys. Clearly, it isn't.

This is probably the thing that concerns me the most :

The NFL is still investigating the Miami incident.

Like I said in the other thread, now that we've signed him, the league will suspend him 6 games and take two first round picks from us. Mara, I mean, Roger was just waiting to see who he signed with.

I didn't expect this, at least not now. It seemed to me that the Skins would make a low offer and Galette would then leave and check out a few other opportunities. Make a choice in a week or so.

Good for the skins to pull this off. Can't pay the guy any less than he signed for. If nothing else - it keeps him off of 31 other rosters for the moment.

Keim gets the word from Saints insider Triplett.

I figure now that the guy is signed, we might find out more about him... pros and cons.

This scenario reminds me a lot of the DJax situation, albeit without the video stuff which may or may not be damning in itself.

What are they getting in him in terms of a person?

Triplett: That’s the big question, isn’t it? They should get the benefit of Galette being humbled by his stunning fall from grace in New Orleans. He’s got a lot of good qualities -- his passion being No. 1, as coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis both stressed after his exit. He has a huge personality, for better and worse. He won a media appreciation award two years ago and was elected captain by his teammates.

Clearly, there are maturity issues, though. He can be brash and outspoken and had some clashes with teammates. And the pattern of off-the-field issues was most disturbing.

Were there signs of issues before this past season? When did it turn bad for him?

Triplett: There were some of the same issues back in college, when Galette also got kicked out of Temple and wound up going undrafted out of Stillman. But the Saints had been impressed enough by his ability to overcome those issues to sign him to a four-year, $41.5 million contract extension just 10 months ago. GM Loomis said he thought the arrow was pointing up, and that it was a good deal at the time.

The problems really started after that. According to sources and reports, Galette’s big contract and being elected captain may have gone to his head a bit. And the Saints’ losing season makes stuff like that fester – as I wrote this morning, Galette was hardly the only locker-room issue for the Saints last year. … But like I said, the off-field stuff was especially disturbing since it showed a pattern of poor decision-making.

Maybe the Saints would have offered him a second chance under different circumstances, but not at a time when they’re so intent on improving the team’s culture and character.
Junior Galette: high motor ... and questions for Washington Redskins - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.