• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Happy 6th Birthday BGO!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I guess one of the signs you've 'grown up' is forgetting your own birthday!

BGO turned 6 a week ago on July 17th.

We've come a long way since that first day.

21,000 threads
210,000 posts
839 members

We're still Mayberry. And we're just fine with that. I can still remember how exciting it was when we opened for business that day back in 2009. And it's still a lot of fun being here with you crazy cats :cheers:

Thanks to the other owners, staff, and contributors for helping start a great little internet watering hole for Redskins fans. And thanks most of all to you all, our loyal members.

Happy Birthday BGO! :birthday:

I can still remember sarge telling me about noosphere and telling me, "some guys from ES started this site..." and I was in.

I remember talking to you and you saying, "stick around, we've got a surprise" and boy was it. The feeling of home here is something you don't get on most sites and the friendships off here prove it.

Plus, my kick ass avatar is just that. Happy birthday, bgo!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Funny, but I thought it was older. I remember seeking refuge here after ES became the official site and all the intelligent posters I'd come to know and love were being drowned out by page after page of snot nosed punks whining about Lavar.

Happy Birthday,

This is a great site, and the time and finances invested into it don't go unnoticed.

Here's to many more years ahead.

How is it that this places ages and I don't? :)

Happy birthday BGO and here is to many more! Thank you for being my go to for Redskins interactions and thank you more for being awesome people.

Time sure does fly these days. Has it been six years?

I know I'm not around as much as I used to be, but that's not a reflection on this place. This site continues to kick serious tushie. Congrats to us all. :)

a humble bow and respectful salute to the BGO owners and mods!

Damn, completely missed it.

So let's see. In the six years we'v been together, our team has gone:

2014 ... 4-12
2013 ... 3-13
2012 ... 10-6 (0-1 playoff)
2011 ... 5-11
2010 ... 6-10
2009 ... 4-12

We're 32-64 (.333), and lost our sole playoff game in soul-killing fashion.

And still we hang out and mostly don't kill each other.

Imagine what it'll be like when we actually win something. :)

I need to be on here more often. That's going to change this season. Happy bday BGO!

Just a side note,
Every once in a while I need to explain that a BGO is not a bodily function requiring a bathroom.:uncomfortableness:

Once they know 'what is' we usually talk some football but most are from the Ravens Town so not much in the way of recruitment possibilities.... however my grandson seems a little interested... something to do with hearing about RG3. He lives in Pisgah Forest NC.

On behalf of everyone here, I'd like to thank the academy, Mom & Dad, Elvis, and most of all, Mrs. Ax, for voting me Sexiest Man Alive.
I humbly accept the credit for this place being,

OU812 Awesome St.
BGO, Merica

The great, personal sacrifice I've made, to bless this site with my presence, while insignificant, is immeasurable.
I look forward to being your idol, your mentor, your.......your conscious daydream, for many years to come.

God Bless BGO
And God Bless me.

Wow.... slept right through that one. Congrats on another trip around the sun my friends !

Seems like just yesterday I was testing...

Congrats to owners and mods of BGO on the best message board of any kind on the WWW

Edit: did anyone save me a piece of birthday cake?

As a geographically challenged fan, it's extremely satisfying knowing that there is a place I can call home where the members actually respect and care about one another.

I've always said that this place is more than just Redskins football - it's a true reflection of the meaning of the word community.

It's an honour to call this place home and meet up with your crazy bastards on Sunday afternoons in the chats.

Congratulations and a sincere thank you to the head honchos with the vision to see this through.

- CH

Congrats to the owners on developing this great site! Love it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.