• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Web page going down

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
A long long time ago, I wrote a story based on the comparison of "modern day" football to the championship season of the Redskins in 1942. Comcast is going to discontinue web pages, so I thought if some of you were interested, you may want to read it. Feel no pressure though... just want to put it out there.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum... )

DOCSANDY'S HOME PAGE-WASHINGTON REDSKINS

HTTR!

Sandy,

With your consent, we'd like to preserve that page and host it here on BGO.

Your permission to proceed?

Om,

Absolutely... I'd be flattered!!!!

Let me know if you need anything from me or can you just pull it from there?

I've saved it already--we'll put the page together, then get with you to tweak/revise before posting to get it right.

Hail. :)

Just for the record, I don't mean "revise" content, just format.

An important distinction.

I kindof figured that :). Again, I am flattered that you asked..... that page started from a Christmas gift I got from my brother one year... he made a scrapbook of every newspaper article that was written about the Redskins of 1942. As I was reading the article, it just came to me that there were similarities/differences between the 1942 championship team and the Redskins of that era. I started writing and that page is what I came up with. I had fun doing it and I'm glad it is going to be preserved.

Again, I so do appreciate it... my small contribution to this wonderful site.

Peace and HTTR

Just for the record, I don't mean "revise" content, just format.

An important distinction.

Excellent, DocSandy.

A great reminder that, in many ways, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Thanks Ax!

That is exactly what I thought when I was reading through the articles. The articles are from a scrapbook my brother put together from all the articles written in 1942 about the Redskins. He found the newspapers at a flea market in a box. He preserved them for me in a scrapbook. As I was reading through it, the whole idea of writing an article/story/whatever you want to call it about how much things were similar despite it being 40+ years apart.

Excellent, DocSandy.

A great reminder that, in many ways, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.