• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

6th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

Would you like to look at making any rule changes to the Fantasy Leagues this year?

• Yes - I'd like to see some rules change.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No - Let's keep it simple and stick with last year's rules.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Shi no Tenshi

2016 Blognostications Champ
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Well, its that time again. Time for us to decide who has that spark. That mastery of rosters, Fantasy Football. Training camps are only weeks away, preseason games are here sooner than you know it, and the offseason will soon be no more! We can focus on the important things, like who can get a luckier draft than the others :p

As always, we are quite a friendly league, in spite of all the very necessary trash talking. Feel free to ask any questions you would like, and you will find more than a few people, including myself, happy to help or explain how things work.

This is a standard-scoring league. Participation is free, and I'll get as many leagues going as we have players. First prize supposedly gets the honor of fancy new avatar, but I think we were forgotten last year. I'll have to make sure somebody gets it this year...

Previous winners have included:
2014: Drumlinboy/Shi no Tenshi
2013: Dead Money
2012: Dead Money
2011: SkinsFan76
2010: Lanky Livingston

Just post to let me know to add you. I will list players, and leagues, in the fields below. Invites will go out beginning of August, once I have the leagues in a more final status. Draft this year will likely be the first week of September, on the best date for all players. It's a live draft, so you'll want to be there!

This post will be updated as needed with players and team names, league rosters, draft order, etc. Remember it can be used for a quick glance for any status updates.

League #1
Draft - 9/6/15 5PM EDT Order set
1. Elephant - Pachyderminator
2. McD5 - McDeez Nuts!
3. JohnssBass - Seattle Redskins
4. Burgundy Burner - Burgundy's Burners
5. Goaldeje - Brady's Soft Balls
6. Boone - Fear the Kitty!
7. Ax - Ax Grinders
8. Neophyte - The Bomb Diggity
9. Shi no Tenshi - Violator Bunnies
10. Kel Varnsen - Master of My Domain

League #2
Draft - 9/6/15 8PM EDT Order Set
1. Kel Varnsen - Van Buren Boys
2. CarolinaSkin43 - CarolinaSkin43 II
3. Burgundy Burner - Burgundy's Burners
4. SilentThreat - ST's Homebrew
5. Canadian Hog - Cdn. Bacon Strips
6. Boone - Fear the Kitty!
7. Shi no Tenshi - Insubordinate Otters
8. Special K - Long Live 91
9. Neophyte - Neo's Bar Mates
10. Ax - Ax's Allies

League #3
Draft - 9/5/15, 8PM EDT Order Set
1. Boone - Fear the Kitty!
2. Posse Lover - Posse Lover
3. Ax - Battle Ax
4. Toast20622 - Chuck's Choice Team
5. Yusuf06 - Blerd's the Word
6. McD5 - McDeez Nuts!
7. Shi no Tenshi - Recalcitrant Turtles
8. LoyalSkinsFan - LSF
9. CarolinaSkin43 - CarolinaSkin43
10. Burgundy Burner - Burgundy's Burners

Last edited:
All leagues will have the following positions in play: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WRT, DEF.
There are a few rules I would like to look into using this year, in the interest of limiting the luck factor some:
1) As you noticed, there is no kicker in that list. It can be added if people would like, but they really are mostly a worthless position in fantasy, that just adds a higher luck factor to things. They are picked last by everybody for a reason.
2) Defensive TDs scored do not count against your DEF. I would make needed edits for this to happen.
3) Designate a player on your bench prior to Sunday at 1 p.m. ET as your "official sub." Should a starter leave a game prior to halftime with an injury and not return, the "sub" is automatically inserted in place of the starter. (So, no deciding who has the better game or anything like that. It's either an automatic sub or not. You choose before what you want to happen.) If a smaller adjustment is desired, we can also change your quarterback slot to "Team QB" and get all the stats generated by a team's quarterback, no matter who starts or finishes the game.
4) Find a prize for the winner of the consolation bracket. Give those not in the main playoffs something to play for. It sucks to have a fantasy season go bad and feel like you can get nothing as you are out of the playoffs by week 8.
5) Make points scored mean something. Nothing’s worse than scoring all the points, but always playing that one opponent that happens to score a few more than you that week(right Boone?). The 6th team in the playoffs should be the person with the highest point count, that isn’t already in the playoffs.
Those are a few ideas I’ve seen around, please let me know what you think of them, and any others you think would add some joy to the proceedings.

Last edited:
I'm in.

Rule changes look interesting. Further discussion will follow, I'm sure.
Hopefully I don't have an issue at the last second that forces me to miss most of the draft. Auto pick doesn't have common sense. Even putting preferences in order doesn't work.

I'm in.

Avatars corrected (wish you had mentioned this 6 months ago!)

Heh, I honestly wasn't worried about the avatar, Boone. That's why I didn't say anything. I figured it'd get done eventually, and I haven't seen Drumlinboy since January...

And please, let me know any ideas on the rules. I don't want to change anything unless everybody is good with it. I just thought it would be interesting to remove some of the luck factor, as we all know that gets us now and again. I want everybody to have a good time with the league. I really would like to find some sort of prize for the Consolation playoffs as well, because I know how much that stinks to feel like it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm in.

I'd rather have a team QB instead of the designated sub. Just my opinion though.

I don't have strong feelings about the rules. Whatever the majority wants is fine with me. Kel - what do you mean by 'team QB'?

I think it would apply to a slightly injured QB who is a game time decision. If you guess wrong, you're screwed. But if you were able to pick "Washington's QB", then whoever started, and every combination during the game itself, then you get all stats by Washington's QB's that day.

At least I think that's what's being said.

EDIT: Or if your starter went down, you'd be able to receive the backups stats/points.

Ah...gotcha. Thanks Ax :cheers:

I also wonder if we might allow folks to field more than one team (ie...have enough leagues to allow for that)?

I don't have strong feelings about the rules. Whatever the majority wants is fine with me. Kel - what do you mean by 'team QB'?

In the rule changes, Shi said "we can also change your quarterback slot to "Team QB" and get all the stats generated by a team's quarterback, no matter who starts or finishes the game."

If the QB gets hurt during the game and the backup comes in, you get points for both of them. Take the Redskins game vs the Ravens in 2012. If there was a team QB rule and Griffin was your QB, then Cousins TD pass and 2 point conversion would could for you. In most leagues, you would only get the points put up by Griffin.

I don't favor any radical changes. But if we are going down that road, I'd would just prefer that suggestion over having a "sub".

Thanks Kel - reading really IS fundamental :)

Heh, I honestly wasn't worried about the avatar, Boone. That's why I didn't say anything. I figured it'd get done eventually, and I haven't seen Drumlinboy since January...

Every year I think I'll change up that avatar. And every year, I look at Miss Fantasy Football and think - well, that's MY fantasy!

I'm fine with running as many leagues as are wanted. If people want to play a couple teams, that is fine, and if we have to run 3 leagues to do so, then that is what shall happen.

I do like the Team QB thing, it can avoid having a crappy week that is out of your control.

As Boone said, I don't really care about rule changes that much. Whatever the class decides is fine with me.

I would point out though, that it is FANTASY football. Luck, good or bad, cannot be eliminated from the game. As it can't be eliminated from the real game.

I think the randomness of luck, good and bad, is part of the beauty of it. It is the balancing factor of it all.

I'm in. Always a bridesmaid and all that... :D

If there is a spot, I'm definitely in again.

Hoping to avoid my tendency to be a playoff flop this time around.

Yes, ok.

Put me in league one and league two. Also, create a league three just for me and I'll create ten names/entries. Need to win something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.