• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

6th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

Would you like to look at making any rule changes to the Fantasy Leagues this year?

• Yes - I'd like to see some rules change.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No - Let's keep it simple and stick with last year's rules.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
I disagree with your assertion that kicker is nothing but a contributor to "luck factor." If anything, its one of the few controllable waiver spots where you can positively influence your score week to week. I'm a big fan of changing kickers as often as underwear and feel like I've won quite a few games picking kickers week to week. Its definitely not the type of roster spot you can just pick and sit on all season all the time, I think perception is the problem, not the kicker.

With that being said, I'm in. :second:

Let's continue chiming in here guys and gals if you intend to play this year. It's a challenge to figure out how many leagues we can run without knowing who will be participating. I know it's early, but if you know for sure you will play, raise your hand sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the bump Boone. I wasn't going to start updating too much until the end of the week, but now is as good as any.

Everybody that is even moderately interested should sign up, it is a fun time and we're all good people, I swear! Once we get a firm estimate of players, we can get how many leagues everybody wants and I can get draft dates set. I like aiming for after final cuts, so that everybody can flesh out their team.

I would like to aim for 10 team leagues, as that tends to be the best size to give everybody a solid team with a fighting chance every week. I know several people that played last year haven't spoke up, so do so and be counted!

So here is our player list from last year:

1. Shi no Tenshi
2. McD5
3. Boone
4. LoyalSkinsFan
5. Dead Money
6. Elephant
7. JohnssBass
8. Goaldeje
9. Special K
10. Ax
11. Canadian Hog
12. JLIServicesinc
13. Chickenlipper
14. Burgundy Burner
15. Yusuf06
16. drumlinboy
17. Neophyte
18. Kel Varnsen
19. MikeSr619
20. Nobody
21. SC_RedskinsFan

Some of you are ready to rumble again this year, but for those of you that haven't came up to be counted yet: any reason why? Are you waiting for something? The time to get in on this is now! We would like to get multiple leagues for players this year, so let yourself be known, so we can get things going?

Also, any further thoughts on possible rule changes? Shall we scrap any changes and just keep on with the previous way of doing things? Let me know.

Probably should add a poll to this thread once the rules change options are defined to see what the majority wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to be back.

As far as changes go - I'd go with flow; the rules are what they are or will be. Plan accordingly.

And a kicker - they can net you what a TE or a defense can so I don't know that I call it a wasted spot but could live out one. Maybe add a flex spot & dump the kicker?

Alright, so we have 11 people at this time. Hopefully we can get a few more to find out if we can get a couple leagues for everyone going.

On that note: who all would like to play in multiple leagues? I will put a + next to your name to track for myself if you would, so I know how to best balance.

I would like to play with two teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go in multiple, if you need to fill spots.

We should be able to get everybody multiple teams. There are always the stragglers who come wanting to play at the end of August. Football fever just takes a bit to set in for them :p

I'll do 2 if it will give us an even number of teams. Otherwise, I'll stick with 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.