• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Murphy

fansince62

Not a secret: I didn't think much of Murphy's play last season...especially as a pass rusher. that said, the OTA/mini-camp reports so far have been pretty positive about him. anyone have any insights beyond strength and conditioning where he has improved?

I hear tell that he can now turn the lights off and jump in bed before the room gets dark.

But seriously, knowing what it takes to play in the NFL. That experience alone is an improvement. Also, he's dying to have you sing his praises.

You did mean Trent, right?

I hear tell that he can now turn the lights off and jump in bed before the room gets dark.

But seriously, knowing what it takes to play in the NFL. That experience alone is an improvement. Also, he's dying to have you sing his praises.

You did mean Trent, right?

yup.

please! I don't want him dying on my account!!!

I like the idea that he recognized his arse was getting kicked and that he decided to do something about it during the off-season. jury is out on the pay-off.....but I respect the self-knowledge and dedication.

We disagree on him getting his butt kicked.

If he was a 5th round pick, would you be more impressed?

For the record, I don't think where, or if, you're drafted means anything at all. Except on payday.

I think he did great against the run. His first responsibility. And I'm confident his pass rush did, and will continue, to steadily improve.

And, me being Ax, that should suffice. :)

Who'd you think ?
Mark Murphy ?
No Sir.

fansince, my hero, has at times been guilty of using incomplete/non-descriptive/cryptic thread titles. So, I was just busting his balls a little.

Hell, it could have been Murphy Brown, one of his heroes, for all I know. ;)

I agree with Ax - the Redskins fan and media criticism of Murphy in his rookie year was way over the top. I said then and will repeat - he's going to shut a lot of people up over the next few years. You can say you're sorry when it it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not basing this on anything more than gut instinct, but watching this unfold, I'm thinking we'll eventually see Trent moving inside and Preston Smith taking over the OLB slot on that side.

I guess great minds think alike, because I have been thinking the same on this topic as Om. Trent replaces Perry Riley (who actually deserves criticism ).

I agree with Ax - the Redskins fan and media criticism of Murphy in his rookie year was way over the top. I said then and will repeat - he's going to shut a lot of people up over the next few years. You can say you're sorry when it it happens.

I will be more happy to do that than you can imagine! I like what I am hearing about Murphy. waiting to see if better coaching and skillsets translate to a better pass rush.

Not basing this on anything more than gut instinct, but watching this unfold, I'm thinking we'll eventually see Trent moving inside and Preston Smith taking over the OLB slot on that side.

interesting. what's the word on smith vis pass coverage? I believe I heard some good initial feedback but it's way early.

Ax...as always: crack me up! in a non-drug, non-Supreme Court approved kinda way!

interesting. what's the word on smith vis pass coverage? I believe I heard some good initial feedback but it's way early.
Haven't really heard anything meaningful. I think maybe some indication he's a bit more flexible in the hips ... but that might have come from his girlfriend so who knows.

Truth is, based on my own observations of Preston vids, he doesn't look like a coverage guy to me either. He's "long," as they say in the new parlance, and quick enough in small spaces, but I don't see the acceleration or change of direction that I'd expect from the kind of LB who would excel covering backs and tight ends.

What I'm hoping, though, is that under Barry our LB's aren't going to be asked to cover quite as much, or at least cover in zone as much as it seemed Haslett would expose guys. Or at least, given the expected upgrade across the front seven, that they won't be exposed for as long on given plays. Keenan can cover, and Riley is at least competent, when he actually knows who he's supposed to cover.

We need Barry to understand/adapt to his charges better than I think Has ever did. It's not a high bar, though, so I'm holding out hope.

No doubt many of the same people who wring their hands over taking Kerrigan over Watt incessantly.

We took Kerrigan over Watt???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Aaron Rodgers?!!!!

Have a good feeling that Murphy will play lights out this year. Just watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.