• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Former Punter kicks on.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Every year, we have a charity game of AFL footy which is played between teams made up of past players. One player this year is former Redskins punter, Sav Rocca. Known for his long kicking when playing full time, he had a chance to kick a goal early in the match, and kicked truly. Mind you, he did kick from a lazy 55 metres out!

BTW, has it been quiet here or have I been missing something?

It's been quiet, brother. I think people are simply worn down. Losing does that even to the obsessed.

Hope life is treating you well on the other side of the world ...

The last 6-8 weeks have been really good. A new car, a new bed, a new camera, a new gas heater, a full freezer, and a new desktop computer. At one stage I was struggling to keep up with all the changes, but have now caught up as everything has settled down. We are in the midst of Winter, and it has come with a vengeance. At least it's not snowing here!

I can now see why Sav was given the flick. He tried another kick, but shanked it. He was struggling to cover the ground as well, and doesn't look anywhere near the footballer. He looks more like he has enjoyed his retirement.

That's about a 53 yard kick, right?

55 metres is just over 60 yards. You have to also factor that it was not a spiral but a 'tumble' punt. This is where the ball flies through the air end-over-end. Mike, your missus should know what a drop punt is, so she might be able to describe it better. He did try a couple of NFL style punts, but shanked them badly.

Measuring a kick in Aussie Rules is one of lifes little discrepancies. Although actually measured from the mark (where the opposition player stands), the kick is taken from another 2-3 metres back. It is also measured to the goal line, not where it lands. In this instance, the ball travelled into the crowd, so all up, he kicked it about 67-70 metres (73-76 yards).

I hope things pick up. It's not worth our time and energy to run a site for 10 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayb all the members are having their off-season and catching up on things. Being as though it is Summer there, that could also be a reason why people are spending time outside rather than inside and in front of a computer. Another option is to temporarily close the site for a couple of months due to lack of activity. For example, give people a month to discuss the draft picks, then close the site until pre-season training starts.

For me it's been a combination of crazy work schedule and exhaustion of the same topics in the media we heard last year. Once training camp starts I'll get the mojo back. While I'm excited about the upcoming season as usual, I'm feeling like Skins fans should be on catfished since what we think we're getting doesn't match the on field production.

Yeah, that's where I am. 7 wins over two years is a lot of suck to get excited for...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.