• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 Development Tracker 2015

A look back, interesting how things have devolved.

Washington Redskins NFL Football Front Page

wow, that is even more confusing then for most of us. what HAS changed? Has he gotten gun shy from all the hits and injuries? Has he been convinced that he can't run or scramble to make a play and to stand still in the pocket?

He definitely knew how to break down defenses...his rookie season was just too good to be a fluke. He threw 9 picks (?) and rarely ever looked scared.

wow, that is even more confusing then for most of us. what HAS changed? Has he gotten gun shy from all the hits and injuries? Has he been convinced that he can't run or scramble to make a play and to stand still in the pocket?

He definitely knew how to break down defenses...his rookie season was just too good to be a fluke. He threw 9 picks (?) and rarely ever looked scared.

he played for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports.

Easy, hoss. Some of us root for this team and don't ike that. Please don't quote me just to take a shot at the organization I love.

There's an awful lot of folks who 'know' things that are unknowable here. And that's all I have to say about that.

But we still have the best debates and discussions of any Redskins forum out there.

I'm going with option # 2..... I said it many times last season.... one or two big runs, and teams would have to respect the threat, which loosens up everything else.

Yeah the discussion on message boards and NFL live. I don't remember any articles with quotes from any party involved saying "Gruden is here to fix robert"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10-4 on that ST. I have never ever heard anyone connected with the Redskins say Gruden was here to fix the QB. Never. In fact, I don't even know what that means. Is he broken, fix what? Yes Gruden was brought in to coach the team, not as a QB coach. Of course that means, he also has to "coach em up". That's what coaches do. But there is no such thing in football as "fix him".

And Fan62, everyone in the game, knows that you have to have players that are "coachable". That is football 101. Remember the immortal words of Mike Singletary, the great Mike Singletary, who said, "can't coach em, can't teach em, can't play em". You get the picture.

Robert just very well may not be coachable as a pocket QB. Certainly looks to be the case, and is why the pundits say he and Gruden are not a good match or fit.

Now this matter of the media rumor saying the OL doesn't like him, to me at least, if true, means he's not coachable. BTW, I have a hard time believing anything being said about the OL not liking him and letting him take a beating. I don't buy it. On the other hand, we have no team chemistry, and RG3 is supposed to be a team leader.

There's an awful lot of folks who 'know' things that are unknowable here. And that's all I have to say about that.

That calls for the famous Donald Rumsfeld quote:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because, as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know"

If I didn't know better, I might think he's talking about the Redskins. he he

Micks.......to echo others....pure speculation unsubstantiated by any fact. the saving grace is that we all pretty much do same so no harm...no foul.

great Rumsfeld quote! the core concern - unknown unknowns - is a priority in cybersecurity and has been a core interest for probability and predictive analytics academics for a long time.

Mike what has changed is he had a part in getting his OC and HC/team president fired after they traded away a LOT in order to draft him and set him up for rookie of the year because they made the Offense to suit his skill set year one.

RG3 was extremely successful out of the pistol and running the zone read offense. He was usually untouched when running it and extremely successful. When he went into drop-back QB mode then later running vice throw the ball away when under pressure to play another down is when he got hurt in each time as a Redskin.

He got his way, had his coach and OC who drafted him fired to bring in a coach who would turn him into a traditional NFL drop-back QB and his skill set is not there yet. It might be someday, but not today, he holds the ball to long and his predilection is to run vice throw the ball away when in trouble which is what causes his injuries.

The lazy media kept blaming Shanny for his running to much year one, and RG2 echoed that, but the truth is during the desined runs and options he went mostly untouched. It was the designed traditional drop-back passes the went south that got him injured. And these same lazy media folks keep calling for him to get back to 2012 form and blaming Gruden for not adapting the O to suit his skill-set. Which is it that they want, have him run what he (at least used to be) great at or sit back in the pocket and get pounded every pass play?

Last edited:
Not trying to pick at scabs (not like it hasn't been in the fore of our minds recently anyway, including my own)

Griff is a good kid, no doubt about it.

Really like how he's handled the situation and the lack of drama, media driven or not, has been an extremely helpful element to this season.

Our own 'take' on how things were handled, dispersal of blame and the overall grousing over the current situation the last few days seems asinine when compared to how he has handled things.

Maybe we should follow his lead, man up and accept what it is with the same grace.

Ran across this blurb from Kiem, a few snipets

One person described Cousins' and Griffin's relationship as "awkward," though that's been the case for a few years, as it's never been ideal. But numerous people in the organization praised both players for making it work.

"Robert's handled it 10 times better than anyone could have imagined," Williams said. "Even if he did spaz out and caused a distraction, you couldn't blame him. That's tough to deal with. He's never been a distraction one bit. And hats off to Kirk, too. He was under the microscope. [But] he's been brilliant. He's been everything they've wanted him to be. More than anything, that helped smooth the situation over."....
Indeed, though one player said "we all understood the decision," some had gone to coaches to express their thoughts and concerns before the late-August switch. Fans might have been divided; players weren't. Another said for some if there was any possible debate about who should start, it was between Cousins and Colt McCoy. But as another one said, "If we’re 2-12, everyone would have been like why the [bleep] did you make that decision?"

Many were drained the last two seasons answering so many questions about the quarterback when their true focus was on their opponent.

Some players pointed to Gruden's demeanor and how he's been with Griffin. Last week, as the players stretched before practice, Gruden mimicked a baseball swing with a device that looks like a mini-bat mostly covered with protective cushioning. Griffin, while stretching, threw him a pitch with a football and Gruden whacked it.
Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III has handled situation well - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

Griffin has been a man this year for sure. Nothing but class. He's a guy you root whatever you think of his chances of making it. He needed a team like Wilson got. Good surrounding talent with an excellent Defense.

Griffin has been a man this year for sure. Nothing but class. He's a guy you root whatever you think of his chances of making it. He needed a team like Wilson got. Good surrounding talent with an excellent Defense.

And veteran leadership so he didn't need to try and fill that void while learning his craft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.