• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign T Willie Smith

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
June 2, 2015

REDSKINS SIGN T WILLIE SMITH

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent tackle Willie Smith. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. In addition, the team waived tackle Tovar Allen.

Smith (6-5, 310) originally entered the NFL with the Redskins as a college free agent on July 28, 2011. He has appeared in 29 career games with 11 starts as a member of the Redskins, Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers.

Smith appeared in four games with three starts for the Redskins as a rookie in 2011. A year later, he started seven of the nine games in which he appeared for the Raiders. After playing one game for the Chargers in 2013, Smith appeared in a career high 15 games last season, including a Week 15 start vs. Denver.

Smith played collegiately at East Carolina, where he was named a first-team All-Conference USA selection as a senior in 2010.

Smith, 28, attended North Johnston H.S. in Kenly, N.C., where he helped lead his team to a 14-1 record and a conference championship as a senior captain in 2005. He was born on Nov. 13, 1986.

He has played on 2 teams that I follow very closely but I couldn't tell you a damn thing about him outside of what I just read here.

Little Willie Willie just, came home.

I remember him. He didn't embarrass himself at all while here.

That's true. Could have been a shit player and then be remembered for it.

Perhaps one of those "journeyman" type players who, while they don't flash Pro-Bowl in most viewers eyes still come to play, do a credible job-one that would be expected of a professional NFL offensive lineman even though they don't generate highlight reels but still contribute without much fanfare.

Willie Smith was signed because Trent is going to be out for awhile and Gruden wants another backup LT candidate available just in case. Right now Morgan Moses supposedly is the backup, but he is working his way back from serious injury himself.

Little Willie Willie just, came home.

Is that a sign of your age (and mine seeing that I recognize the reference) that you thought of The Sweet rather that making a Will Smith, Fresh Prince type of remark?

Well my take is that north side, east side Little Willy, Willy wears the crown, he's the king around town dancing and glancing Willy drives them silly with his star shoe shimmy shuffle down.

But hey, that's just me...

Last edited:
Ol Willie the offensive line stranger. Welcome home.

Is that a sign of your age (and mine seeing that I recognize the reference) that you thought of The Sweet rather that making a Will Smith, Fresh Prince type of remark?
Apparently. :cool4:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.