• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign NT Jerrell Powe

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
June 2, 2015

REDSKINS SIGN NT JERRELL POWE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent nose tackle Jerrell Powe. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Powe (6-2, 331) was originally selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the sixth round (199th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. In three seasons with Kansas City from 2011-13 and one season with the Houston Texans in 2014, Powe has appeared in 28 career games with four starts, compiling 18 tackles (12 solo), two passes defensed and a sack.

Last season, Powe appeared in all 16 games for Houston, making three starts.

Powe played collegiately at Ole Miss, where he earned second-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from the league’s coaches and was chosen as a team captain as a senior in 2010. He appeared in 37 games with the Rebels with 22 starts from 2008-10.

Powe, 28, attended Wayne County H.S. in Waynesboro, Miss., where earned Parade All-American honors and played in the U.S. Army All-America Bowl as a senior. He was born on March 15, 1987.

"They call me, Powe Boy, Powe Boy, Powe Boy. But I ain't lonesome, and I ain't blue..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.