• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Jordan Reed had a “procedure” on his knee

BGO

Last week, word out of Washington was that tight end Jordan Reed was being held out of OTAs because the team was concerned about a knee issue that had been bothering him. Coach Jay Gruden said that the team was sending him to get checked out by doctors after complaints of knee soreness. Those examinations…
b.gif

More...

I know we're not drafting for need as much, but I swear TE needs to be at the top of our off season list next year. I effing love Jordan Reed, but my God. The man cannot stay healthy. Just not dependable.

Jordan's starting to remind me of Kelvin Bryant. Clearly talented enough to excel, but never able to keep the body right.

Niles Paul better be working his ass off.

Last edited:
As far as I see on Instagram from Niles he is always posting pics from working out. Hopefully his new contract keeps him motivated

PFT: Jordan Reed had a “procedure” on his knee

The problem with Paul is the same problem it's always been - he's not a natural TE. He just doesn't have great instincts or skills for the position. He is athletic enough not to be terrible when called upon, but I don't see him as anything but a stop gap.

I think the team knows it needs serious upgrading at TE but they had more pressing needs in the draft and couldn't fix every position in one off season.

I was seriously praying we would draft O'Leary at TE but Buffalo made a late play for him. I'm hoping they don't have room on their roster and we can pick him up at the last minute.

Reed and Paul can find work elsewhere as far as I'm concerned. Paulson too. Yuk we are close to desperate at TE. If our new scheme downplays the receiving TE, let's get a blocking TE from the disgard pile.

The problem with Paul is the same problem it's always been - he's not a natural TE. He just doesn't have great instincts or skills for the position. He is athletic enough not to be terrible when called upon, but I don't see him as anything but a stop gap.

I think the team knows it needs serious upgrading at TE but they had more pressing needs in the draft and couldn't fix every position in one off season.
Well, he was on his way last year and had a 100 yard game until he was sandwiched by two guys leading with their helmets. He was never the same after that concussion.

I hope he proves me wrong. I still think Reed has a chance to be a productive pass catching TE if he can get his health issues under control, but that's starting t feel like wishful thinking.

That news sucks. He's a top 10 TE when healthy.

This is the risk we take when we keep a guy who can't remain healthy.

Jermaine Gresham might be on our radar now. Still relatively young at age 27, but coming off back surgery himself.

There's also a huge difference between someone getting unavoidably injured on the field of play, verses someone who can't shave without pulling something.

Seems like they're being a little secretive about what was done to his knee.
The quotation marks around the word procedure, and the fact there was no further elaboration at all.
Seems odd, and not the norm, for reporting this kind of stuff
Hopefully, it's the same thing Kerrigan had, and nothing to worry about.

The team hasn't released anything official, that was Chris Russell with the line about the procedure (reportedly what Gruden said, but it wasn't a direct quote). But yeah, that's pretty vague.

There's also a huge difference between someone getting unavoidably injured on the field of play, verses someone who can't shave without pulling something.

Most of Reed's injuries have occurred in live action. I'm not ready to write him off as 'brittle' yet, but he can't be an impact player if he can't stay on the field. We'll see how he comes back from this. He plays a full season and I'll chalk previous history up to some back luck. If he misses some or all due to injury, may be time to move on.

Reed will be fine.
All he needs to do, is roll up a joint, and a little bit of weed every now and then will be enough to numb the knee pain and soreness, and he'll good to go, and play 100%

Last edited:
Most of Reed's injuries have occurred in live action. I'm not ready to write him off as 'brittle' yet, but he can't be an impact player if he can't stay on the field. We'll see how he comes back from this. He plays a full season and I'll chalk previous history up to some back luck. If he misses some or all due to injury, may be time to move on.

A lot of them seem like "bonehead" injuries that could have been avoided. Like last year when he tried to jump over that tackler for 1 extra yard that wouldn't have even gotten him the 1st. His heart and talent are in the right place; but he reminds me of Grant Hill where he just can't stay healthy no matter what he tries and its going to severely limit his career.

Can't argue Mike. It bums me out, because he has a knack for making positive plays and is so athletic. I am hoping his luck turns. I don't buy the 'he's soft' thing. Some guys just have bad luck, doesn't necessarily reflect on their toughness or determination.

Visual reminder of why this matters. Get right, Jordan!

No denying his skills on the field. I wonder if Griffin throwing the ball to him helps keep him motivated.

Also, Griff sure throws a pretty ball.

The Redskins need to sign a veteran TE over the summer if we get the opportunity.

If Reed goes down, which history says he will at some point, do you want to watch Niles Paul and Logan Paulsen for 10-12 games?

I agree TE is a need in the next draft, but for 2015 we can use a veteran to bridge the gap.

Seems like they're being a little secretive about what was done to his knee.
The quotation marks around the word procedure, and the fact there was no further elaboration at all.
Seems odd, and not the norm, for reporting this kind of stuff
Hopefully, it's the same thing Kerrigan had, and nothing to worry about.

What I read was that he had an "anti-inflammatory shot" which is just another way of saying corticosteroid injection. Corticosteroid injections treat the symptoms but not the cause, so don't be surprised if at the end of the season he has a knee scope to clear up the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.