• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DE Dasman McCullum

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Just ran across this ...
McCullum 'Das'-ling Redskins

Dasman McCullum could be the poster child for the unassuming athlete.

Maybe the determined one, too. Or perhaps the quintessential late-bloomer.

All of the above only describes part of who the former Southern Miss defensive lineman is — but there's no doubt, it's accurate.

McCullum, who was not picked by an NFL team during this month's draft, did receive an invitation to try out for the <culink title="" class="culinks" style="font-weight: 400 !important;" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Washington Redskins">Washington Redskins</culink> a few days later.

"I thought I'd only be here for three days," he said Saturday. "I only packed enough clothes for three days."

Two weeks, and a few shopping trips, later, McCullum is still in <culink title="" class="culinks" style="font-weight: 400 !important;" culang="en" href="http://curiyo.com/en/topic/Loudoun County, Virginia">Loudoun County, Virginia</culink>. His audition with the Redskins resulted in a free-agent contract and he's currently taking part in organized team activities ...

Another kid to root for this summer. Long shot to make the roster, no doubt, but if that's as far as it goes for him, he will be able to look back the rest of his life and know he signed an NFL contract.

And had his very own thread on a Redskins website.

Only runs a 4.8 40 at 246 pounds. 17 reps at his pro day.

Lacks speed and strength.

Definitely an underdog.

Sean was 230lbs, ran a 4.51 and did 11 reps

sometimes stats are not your friend

In this guy's case, the real question is about the knees. Every year the NFL sees guys with less-than-ideal measurables succeed due to heart, desire, work-ethic, a knack for "just making plays," etc. What we rarely if ever see are guys with bad wheels succeeding, regardless of their measurables.

I'm thinking Scot M likes the intangibles he thinks he sees on this one, and wants to take one last good look at the knees.

This reminds me of a longshot D-lineman we brought in a year or two ago.
He was undrafted, and at one point he was homeless in South Florida, so everyone was rooting for him.
I can't remember his name. Anyone else ?
I'm curious what happened to him

One of the fun things about this time of year, rooting for an underdog :thumbsup: Good find Om

Kid has some things going for him, seems to have awareness of the play, decent hands, extending to control linemen and getting off of blocks, energetic. Looks kinda lanky, might benefit most from pro level conditioning/diet regimen, but if nothing else you get that puppydog attitude, bouncing around, taking his shot. Especially in a (hopefully) improved camp atmosphere of accountability, you never know what might happen.

I'd like to see more of the roster in young depth, guys that understand and want that opportunity to show what they bring. If nothing else it ought to make life more entertaining come fall. Curious to see how Scot & Co assess players differently (better?) and how that plays out well beyond the starters. Isn't that exactly what McClue is supposed to bring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.