• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

DeSean Jackson

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
Jason Reid complains that the 'rudderless' Redskins didn't do anything when Jackson skipped OTAs to watch the basketball playoffs.

The workouts are voluntary per the CBA and Jackson is not a rookie or younger guy trying to earn his spurs that the team can simply coerce him with the threat of losing his job.

There was simply nothing to gained by poking the bear at this time.

Jackson is who he is. He's almost 29 years old and set to count $8M against the cap.

He was easily the most productive offensive player on the team in 2014 and figures to be again this year.

But Reid is mistaken if he believes no one is watching. McCloughan certainly is.

He knows that in the long run Jackson won't be here but he also realizes there is no realistic way to upgrade the WR position and add an elite talent before the season starts to replace him.

He recognizes though that the contract Jackson signed is for 3 years but the last year calls for a rapid escalation in his cap number and is not likely to be picked up by the team.

So he does the smart thing. Allows Jackson his space and uses 2015 as a bridge season to what is likely to be a top pick in 2016 at WR.

It is likely neither Jackson or Garcon will be back in 2016.

But Jason Reid is so busy calling for the team to throw haymakers at Jackson for missing some walkthroughs he seems willing to alienate Jackson and risk him becoming a problem in 2015, when the team needs him on the field.

Reid would probably be as successful as a GM as Mat Millen, another media critic that came down on Ron Wolf and guys like Ernie Accorsi that had built SB winners.

I still can't believe 980 offered him a job.

**** a whole bunch of Jason Reids. Seriously. Pot stirring dbag.

Would any fan, coach, or GM prefer that their star players attend all team events? Of course. But this is hardly a huge deal, a hill to die on if you're the Redskins, or even unusual on the vast majority of NFL teams.

His cap number stays the same 9.2 million garçon his goes up about 750,000 with cap expected to go up another 10 million or so unless his numbed drop off or one of the younger guys really explodes he will be here

Don't agree. Scot can bring in a top rated WR next April for $2M.

The key to building a sustainable winner is continuing to churn talent as it gets older.

NE has been doing that for years.

Garcon at 31 is not worth $9M.

What top rated wr goes for 2 mil?

A rookie? That's not top rated.

I think the Redskins will take a WR in the first round next year.

I fact I think a case can be made that there may be a major reshuffling at the position.

We let Robinson, Hankerson and Moss go and are rebuilding depth.

But Garcon and Jackson are set to count for a lot under the cap and Roberts hasn't shown that he is a capable replacement if either goes down.

Reading the tea leaves, most of our attention this year was on the lines and pass rush.

Next year I think we will focus on the skill positions, especially on offense.

it would be nice to have that luxury to scoop up a young WR. But I would only be cool with that if our OL was performing the way we needed it to.

Jackson is a stud. Our best player last year.

He was one of the guys who stayed out of the fray inside the locker room last year when everything was going to shit.

He can miss all the OTA's he wants as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that he should get his space--especially if missing a little time will help keep his body healthy. He's earned it.

But he was the guy who came on national tv and said that the locker room was split on RG3. He also said that in his opinion, Kirk Cousins throws the best ball.

I wouldn't say that he stayed out of the drama--he confirmed the drama.

Only for those who live for drama. Our drama molehills are always mountains in their eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.