• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Ryan Kerrigan Has Knee Scope, Likely To Miss A Little Time

It was just a 'clean up' - they don't expect him to miss much time. I just don't get why you wait until now to do this kind of thing. Seems like January would be a good month??

Knee scopes are nothing. Especially for a 26 year-old.

Kerrigan hopefully will be fine. But I am glad Scot drafted Preston Smith to add depth and didn't want to depend solely upon Trent Murphy and a second-tier veteran free agent to play OLB if Ryan misses time during the season.

It was just a 'clean up' - they don't expect him to miss much time. I just don't get why you wait until now to do this kind of thing. Seems like January would be a good month??

He'd miss surfing with his bro.

Given how poor the 2011 draft was otherwise, it is a miracle we traded down and were able to select Kerrigan.

Trent Williams and Kerrigan were among the only 'front line' picks the former regime made that turned out. So many others failed to make it or are still on the roster but seemingly on the way out like LeRibeus.

Then, Yay front office! We got 2 great players out of it. No need to trash the organization for what happened 4 years ago

Well, I'm not sure what the codified statute of limitations is for critiquing an organization's past failures on message boards, but I'm pretty comfortable it isn't less than four years.

I'm as optimistic and excited about McLoughan's start here as anyone, but ultimately, until we see actual sustained results on the field this is still a Redskins organization 25 years removed from its last title and possessed of one of the worst cumulative personnel records in the league over that span.

It's understandable and reasonable to continue to look at the big picture on this one.

“If you do not know where you come from, then you don't know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you're going. And if you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.”

Terry Pratchett, I Shall Wear Midnight

Thanks for the timetable. I'm very appreciative on knowing the rules of how long someone has to beat the horse until it's dead.

I didn't set it for four years, that is just where he went with it. I don't hold last year over new coaches heads if they didn't do it and see no advantage of constantly bringing up Vinny except.......

But, I digress. I've found that some just don't want to let go of baggage much like C Thomas Howell in red dawn didn't want to let go of the hate

Well, it does keep us warm :devil:

When you go shooting at big ass helicopters with your AK I'll be the guy on the horse in the distance shaking my head.

Stay gold...

Given how poor the 2011 draft was otherwise, it is a miracle we traded down and were able to select Kerrigan.

Trent Williams and Kerrigan were among the only 'front line' picks the former regime made that turned out. So many others failed to make it or are still on the roster but seemingly on the way out like LeRibeus.

Ugh. I was so psyched that we fleeced the Jaguars that draft. Kerrigan has been a stud, but not much to show for the rest of the picks we got by trading down. Sad, really. Let's face it, the bar is pretty low for Scot. If he hits on a couple of guys after the first round, we're not going to know what to do with ourselves.

Where the 'bar is set' is irrelevant. Fan happiness with 'what we've done so far' is irrelevant. What is relevant is McLovin's ability to find multiple high quality starters every year in every draft. Not getting a Ryan Kerrigan every draft isn't the problem - it's a general inability to ID talent across the board in drafts (or giving away so many picks, we have no reasonable chance to find multiple starters) that has been the problem. Until he proves otherwise, McLovin has been able to do this everywhere he's gone. I like the odds he'll do it here too.

Let's be honest tr1 - you're a 'the glass is empty' (forget half full) kind of a guy :)

Where the 'bar is set' is irrelevant. Fan happiness with 'what we've done so far' is irrelevant. What is relevant is McLovin's ability to find multiple high quality starters every year in every draft. Not getting a Ryan Kerrigan every draft isn't the problem - it's a general inability to ID talent across the board in drafts (or giving away so many picks, we have no reasonable chance to find multiple starters) that has been the problem. Until he proves otherwise, McLovin has been able to do this everywhere he's gone. I like the odds he'll do it here too.

Let's be honest tr1 - you're a 'the glass is empty' (forget half full) kind of a guy :)

Excellent point Mr Boone. And really the crux of the whole matter. If you read McClou you read that he is thinking long term, 10+ years. (I like). Now you think who makes it that long in the NFL without the results? Not anyone I know. So he is brilliant in getting all on board with long term plan, and as a side, his meal ticket and job security. The way he has set it up or should I say, set us up , you have to give the guy the chance ( and we all buy in) because it all makes sense, but when do you expect to see some results? He is on the right track, but for a losing team, turnover is the only solution, then head coach. I get the sense that his leash is short and his plan is draft the young guys and play the young guys. Over the long haul, he believes with proper coaching, they will win. After his first year, he will be preaching patience only Allen will have to give the sermon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.