• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

"graveyard dead"...

I don't know why she couldn't have shouted at the guy, "I have a shotgun, and I'm going to blow your head off if you don't leave my property." At least that way there is an opportunity for him to leave...just seems odd.

Oh come on - if that was your elderly mom, you're going to critique her because she didn't give the psychotic drunk guy breaking into her house to do God knows what multiple chances to change his mind?

She did exactly what she should have done. Critiquing someone who is in that kind of situation is ridiculous. If you don't want to get your head blown off, don't break into an elderly woman's house. I say that not yet having read the article or knowing what was going on with the guy who broke in. It doesn't matter in my opinion 'why' he was violently breaking in.

Not to mention, she is clearly clearly horrified she had to do what she did.

Case closed.

Then again, he certainly looks like a harmless enough fellow :)

medium.jpg

Damn, I always wondered whatever happened to my 3rd grade teacher.

Oh come on - if that was your elderly mom, you're going to critique her because she didn't give the psychotic drunk guy breaking into her house to do God knows what multiple chances to change his mind?

My "elderly" mother would have the presence of mind to shout a warning at the douchebag trying to break in. I am not criticizing her...I am just curious as to why she did not shout at the guy! Seems like a natural human reaction..."I have a gun, and I will shoot you if you don't leave."

If someone is BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE, the last thing they'll hear is "BANG!"

Very few people in their lifetime truly have to fight for their life. When the time comes people will react in different ways. I remember fire fights with sweaty palms, heart thumping so loud that you can not hear and overwhelming fear of death.

Grandma did good, she is above ground and breathing on her own.

It's all the liberals fault. And to think they don't want us to have guns so we can protect our families and property.

My "elderly" mother would have the presence of mind to shout a warning at the douchebag trying to break in. I am not criticizing her...I am just curious as to why she did not shout at the guy! Seems like a natural human reaction..."I have a gun, and I will shoot you if you don't leave."

I will try to find the news article for proof, but she did warn him several times to leave her home and such, but I believe that may have been before the 911 call. She was on the phone with 911 for 23 minutes. After him attempting to break into her house for 23 minutes, I have no doubt he knew what he was doing, and that is the chance he takes. I have no sympathy for him, she did what she had to do.

I will try to find the news article for proof, but she did warn him several times to leave her home and such, but I believe that may have been before the 911 call. She was on the phone with 911 for 23 minutes. After him attempting to break into her house for 23 minutes, I have no doubt he knew what he was doing, and that is the chance he takes. I have no sympathy for him, she did what she had to do.

Taking 23+ minutes to break into her house shows he in fact didn't know what he was doing. If she warned him before the 911 calls, then I'm fine with that.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying she was wrong for shooting the guy! I'm just curious why she didn't warn him during the 911 call. The answer may be as simple as she warned him before the call. Curious as to why she didn't tell the operator that, but I'd still be satisfied.

lanky - grandma's gate was locked. her front door was locked. isn't that a clear message from grandma that she doesn't want you in her home? why would she need to give another warning verbally not to invade her home?

I wasn't directing my response at you Lanky...
Thing is, the shotgun blast sounded like a tiny little clap - so I think it's hard to say what she did or didn't do from the 911 tape.

Bottom line, this doesn't come within a mile of 'irresponsible' use of a weapon. She was clearly terrified, trying to protect herself in her own home from an intruder, and remorseful she had to take that step.

**** that..dude deserved to die.

lol, I love it when "Christians" say things like this. Ha!

Bottom line, this doesn't come within a mile of 'irresponsible' use of a weapon. She was clearly terrified, trying to protect herself in her own home from an intruder, and remorseful she had to take that step.

No no, I totally agree. Plus, they said she shouted at him before calling 911. I am not arguing against the 2nd amendment or anything like that here, that was just my initial reaction. I am pretty liberal, but gun rights are something I believe in.

Isn't the Christian faith based on the premise of being judged by a higher being? Judge not, lest ye be judged?

Not calling out your faith, Mike, simmah down big fella. But if I were, "sin" means nothing to me, because I am not a Christian (or anything, for that matter).

MikeSr619 said:
and with you now saying youre arent a christian I take what you say with even less value.

Why, because I'm not Christian I don't have a moral compass? Or because I'm not Christian my opinions are not valid?

Guys - you want to go after each other's personal beliefs - take it to pm :)

You could have had a legitmate conversation about when does real life trump a commandment for a Christian? It's a valid question. There was no need to make it personal to have that discussion.

Guys - you want to go after each other's personal beliefs - take it to pm :)

You could have had a legitmate conversation about when does real life trump a commandment for a Christian? It's a valid question. There was no need to make it personal to have that discussion.

Sorry, that's what I was going for, I didn't intend to make it a critique of Mike's faith personally. Was just trying to stimulate discussion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.