• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

"graveyard dead"...

I'd have to know what was in his heart - and even then, I don't know if I'd really say he 'deserved' it. Her response was understandable. This guy may been mentally ill, may have had no love, nurturing, or chance to grow up with our value system. He may have been wasted on drugs, or looking for food/valuables. Who knows? But all those things might carry with them motives that fall short of the level of consequence he ended up facing. But the poor woman being terrorized by him didn't have the luxury of sitting down with him to find out. That's the bottom line.

I am not a Christian. I also don't believe in absolutes. The 10 Commandments are certainly absolutes, but even most Christians don't treat them as such. I also feel that if God exists, he surely is the creator of not just rules, but our own instincts. The instinct to survive is probably our strongest, and its the one thing, maybe the only thing, we share with all living things. I have to believe that means sometimes, we're supposed to follow it - no matter what the consequences.

I'd have to know what was in his heart - and even then, I don't know if I'd really say he 'deserved' it. Her response was understandable. This guy may been mentally ill, may have had no love, nurturing, or chance to grow up with our value system. He may have been wasted on drugs, or looking for food/valuables. Who knows? But all those things might carry with them motives that fall short of the level of consequence he ended up facing. But the poor woman being terrorized by him didn't have the luxury of sitting down with him to find out. That's the bottom line.

I am not a Christian. I also don't believe in absolutes. The 10 Commandments are certainly absolutes, but even most Christians don't treat them as such. I also feel that if God exists, he surely is the creator of not just rules, but our own instincts. The instinct to survive is probably our strongest, and its the one thing, maybe the only thing, we share with all living things. I have to believe that means sometimes, we're supposed to follow it - no matter what the consequences.

Well said, Boone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.