• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Source: Redskins are HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ backup plan

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
I don't see anything else backing up this comment and "source" yet that the Redskins would be the next choice after Cleveland, but it is a possibility.

Source: Redskins are HBO's Hard Knocks Backup Plan

There have been reports for a while now that Cleveland were the front runners to be selected, given the intrigue surrounding Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon, and General Manager Ray Farmer. It appears, however, that the Browns are seeking a special exemption from being eligible, due to the nature of Johnny Manziel’s stint in rehab and his efforts towards recovery from substance abuse addiction:

A trusted source has told Redskins Capital Connection that whilst the Browns do remain the favored choice for HBO, if the NFL grants Cleveland a special exemption, HBO has nominated the Washington Redskins as their second choice.

The Redskins would provide no shortage of interesting story lines for the HBO cameras, and regardless of recent on-field struggles, Quarterback Robert Griffin III remains an enigmatic draw card for football fans. Head Coach Jay Gruden is no stranger to the distractions that come with having the cameras follow you around, having appeared on the show when the Cincinnati Bengals were featured in 2013;

Yeah, I can't see this being helpful in any way :)

That makes it sound like it is mandatory. WTF?

Just when you think this franchise has started to turn a corner... this could be a ridiculous penalty forced on the franchise. I hate Roger Goodell

What could possibly go wrong?

Bruce being asked about the team name?

God help us. We have plenty of notice and time to react. Send him on a month long trip to Australia.

The constant shit talking on Bruce is tired. He may have been a poor GM but he was made the GM. Everything he's done has been with the burgundy and gold in his heart. He does more for this team, fan base, and overall community than most so called fans do.

I do think the timing for this would be bad as I suspect it would reignite the name stuff. I almost feel like one of the criteria for a team to participate should be having had a winning record the previous season. Losing franchises don't need the distraction this creates.

I do think the timing for this would be bad as I suspect it would reignite the name stuff. I almost feel like one of the criteria for a team to participate should be having had a winning record the previous season. Losing franchises don't need the distraction this creates.
It's actually the reverse, I believe. Teams that make the playoffs, or win 10 games, can decline to do the show. The rest may be forced to, whether they like it or not.

It's actually the reverse, I believe. Teams that make the playoffs, or win 10 games, can decline to do the show. The rest may be forced to, whether they like it or not.

That goes against the "idea" of the NFL "wanting" parity. It's nothing but a distraction. Let the small market teams who WANT publicity do it. Forcing it is BS. I don't have HBO anymore so it's useless for me anyway.

Sweet, better news than drafting a stud o-lineman!

Goodell is equivalent to a herpe on Bruce Jenner's mangina

Last edited:
If there were ever a year I'd be ok with it, it would be this year. We're only going to win 5 or 6 games and our coach will likely get fired in January. Not like it could really do much damage. Sort of like throwing a match on a dumpster fire -not helpful, but damage has already been done.

Has anyone seen any kind of analysis of whether/how being the HK selection has affected previous teams on the field?

Yes Om. I saw a blurb on it the other day and overall, it wasn't favorable.

It's probably impossible to make any direct correlation though, as the teams they usually feature aren't anywhere near the top of the league prior to broadcast.

They tend to feature teams 8-8 or below. 6-10 is probably more accurate.

If I'm HBO or the league, I either want the Browns, Redskins, Cowgirls or Broncos if at all possible.

Browns due to the Johnny Football rehab drama.

Skins due to the large fan base, team name and RG3 drama.

Cowgirls due to the large fan base and Greg Hardy, Collins drama.

Or the Broncos because this might be Peyton Manning's final season.

It seems like those teams would get a lot of new subscribers to HBO.

I would also include the Eagles.

A lot of people might like to see if Chip Kelly is absolutely crazy, or if he's a genius.

Plus, you'd also have the Tebow comeback story.

As Skins fans, we could just watch and pray for pulled hamstrings.

I'm guessing that this is still in place...

Owners pass 'Hard Knocks' rule at NFL Fall Meeting - NFL.com

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:20 p.m. Updated: Oct. 9, 2013 at 04:38 p.m.

The league still will ask for volunteers. If one is not forthcoming, a team will be appointed. All organizations will be eligible with the exception of those that have a first-year head coach; teams that have made the playoffs in at least one of the last two seasons; and teams that have participated in the previous 10 seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.