• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Santana Moss will not re-sign with Washington

I hear you and totally understand - like I said, I do respect that sentimental side as I share some of those same feelings :cheers:

How do we know Moss has declined?

Well he he went from pro bowler and regular starter to #4 receiver by last season.

Catching 10 balls in 16 games?

He used to catch that many in one game.

Then Garcon, Roberts, and desean have declined as well since their numbers went down as well.

Moss was not dressed a lot due to gruden holding on to an inferior receiver as much as moss getting older.

I think the decision that was made was they were going to play Roberts because of the contract and later in the year Ryan Grant because they used a draft pick on him and he showed good route running skills.

The fact remains though that Jackson averaged 21.6 yards per catch and 1,169 yards overall, with the instability at QB those were easily pro bowl numbers to me.

If Moss still had 4.4 speed and that ole shake and bake Gruden would have gotten him on the field at the point Roberts started to go downhill.

Roberts decline was so bad moss should have at least been suited up. Not to say he should be resigned this year but him being benched when he could still contribute was as much gruden trying to make a statement as it was moss losing productivity.

And even when he got a chance to come in and make plays....he did. That's what moss does

Yeah, the offseason moves last year under Allen were disappointing for the most part.

Roberts was awful. Lauvao wasn't worth more than a one year deal and they gave him four. Hatcher was overpaid at age 32 while Ryan Clark and Tracy Porter were simply done due to age and injuries.

I want to see Ryan Grant get a legitimate opportunity for playing time this year. I think he is a real diamond in the rough.

Limited speed and quickness. I think Crowder has more upside on offense and as a returner.

I hear that, but I heard it about Wes Welker until everyone figured out who he was. What I see is that Grant just knows how to play football and finds ways to get open. I hope he gets more chances this year, but yeah, on pure physical measurables hard to argue your point.

Funny, though Crowder is now the one being billed as the smart, hardworking, versatile receiver with good hands and a veteran's approach to preparation.

To hear Chris Russell tell it, both Crowder and Matt Jones are picks that are going to play in 2015.

Didn't Grant see a major decline in playing time as the year went by ?
Seems like he fell out of favor, of the coaches.
It was either a decrease in playing time, or he disappeared while on the field, which isn't a good sign either.

All of that doesn't change that Roberts was awful and I am sure after looking at the film of all the drops and poor results on punt returns that Scot McCloughan was already planning on drafting a replacement for Andre.

That player, Crowder, is now here.

Roberts may keep a job this year due to his contract, but he is clearly on the bubble.

It seemed to me that Roberts was hyped at first to be here but developed a bit of a bad attitude once the team had acquired DeSean Jackson and it became apparent he was destined to be the #3 receiver.

To me Roberts arc here was a simple read: the man dropped the ball far too often, and became shy on kick returns early in the season. If he had excelled or even been above average in either of those disciplines, he'd be part of the plan going forward. If I'm Scot, I'm not heading into 2015 thinking Roberts is a guy I can count on.

Yep, Roberts was another mistake free agent signing. Allen signed a guy who is a #3 or #4 receiver to #2 receiver money.

McCloughan judging him by this year's free agents is not going to spend big money on backup or spot starter type pass catchers.

You can get these guys in the draft cheaper.

He also would not have signed Tracy Porter to more than a one year deal based on his injury history.

Now he is set to count $2.5M against the 2015 cap and what is he, the #4 or #5 corner on this team if that?

Perusing the news forum I ran across this tidbit

Moss has said that he’d like to play one more year in Washington, but he also said on 106.7 The Fan that he has talked to team owner Dan Snyder about the possibility that he’ll find some other role on the team.

“I went up there and met with Dan a little before the draft, and we just talked basically about life, football, everything,” Moss said, via the Washington Post. “Dan has always been special to me from Day One when I became a Redskin, and he knows how much I love him and I appreciate him. So we sat down and talked for hours, and he just told me, 'I know that you want to play so I’m not sure how things are gonna go, but if you’re not a 'Skin, whenever you’re done, I want you back here to retire and everything. And when you’re done with that, if you want to do something with the team, give me a holler.’ And I appreciate that, because I feel like my life has been around football for so long that it’s hard to just walk away, even when it’s time for me to walk away.”

Santana Moss talking to Dan Snyder about a future in Washington | ProFootballTalk

Sounds like they are just being nice to be honest. Snyder wouldn't be talking to him about coaching...something administrative or in PR maybe.

Dan showing loyalty to those who deserve it...I like seeing that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.