• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hogs Haven: Grading The Draft By Various Sources

Interesting spread of opinions but, as you said, much more favorable reactions than what the Redskins have received in the recent past. Refreshing change.

Thanks for the info, McD.

I like to hear the Skins get a little praise for a change myself BUT draft grades given before these guys even make a team mean less than nothing. Talk to me in a few years. Just for grins I looked up the Bleacher Report grades of the 2012 draft. We got a B+ and big praise for Josh Leribeus and Adam Gettis (uggh). The Bears got an A:

Chicago Bears:

Round 1: DE Shea McClellin (Boise State) Bust
Round 2: WR Alshon Jeffery (South Carolina) Pro Bowler
Round 3: SS Brandon Hardin (Oregon State) Never played a Pro snap due to injury
Round 4: FB Evan Rodriguez (Temple) 12 games, 4 receptions, out of football
Round 5: None
Round 6: CB Isaiah Frey (Nevada) Practice Squad guy who signed with Bucs last season and started 6 games.
Round 7: CB Greg McCoy (TCU) No longer in football. No pro snaps

Grade: A

Summary

The Bears nailed it in Rounds 1 and 2 when they grabbed Shea McClellin to line up opposite Julius Peppers and my No. 1 wide receiver, Alshon Jeffery. Phil Emery did a great job in his first draft. The pick of Brandon Hardin is a little confusing, as they have Major Wright, Chris Conte and Craig Steltz ahead of him on the depth chart (all three of these guys are no longer Bears). Evan Rodriguez is incredibly versatile at fullback/tight end/wide receiver. He'll be a surprise playmaker for Jay Cutler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.