• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Opine on the picks

Wow! Great find, Diesel. Amazing hits. And that play at 3:20 is insane.

The last two picks are head scratchers.

A WR that lacks athleticism and a Center that lacks NFL size?

Unless Reiter is going to be a long snapper I don't see a role for him at 273 pounds on the line.

Gotta hear the rationale for Austin's selection.

Practice squad players for depth. We are overhauling the entire roster, that includes practice squad. I want to see 7 guys make the active roster, and 3 on the practice squad.

I was very happy with our draft. I'm not into grading or ranking. That is bogus. I know that these guys are an improvement on a 4 win team, and very happy about that.

Well, we later learned that Reiter had bulked up to 305 and so that pick looks more reasonable, given that he was a Rimington finalist the past couple of years.

to be honest.....I'm pinning my hopes for this draft mostly on Smith. Scherff will bring good value given how bad the players are he is replacing. Smith is the unknown: big dude, played on a good defense, athletic enough to move all over the field. what we need most is a pass rushing demon to take some of the pressure off Kerrigan. Smith comes though (or, *ell, Murphy) then things really are looking up. we're gonna get push up the middle. Smith provides some real pressure/sack threat then the gaps in LB and secondary coverage can be masked.

The one major thing that stands out for me in the highlight reel - he leads with his helmet on every single hit but one. That's no good. If he can't fix it, he'll get fined and suspended off the field like Merriweather.

FWIW Spencer is a locker room leader and real student of the game. That's exactly what McG said he was looking for in a player so that might have been why he was willing to take a flyer on the kid.

Well, we sure have suffered through wide receiver picks where the players had talent but no motivation - Devin Thomas, Michael Westbrook, even Fred Davis at TE.

I believe the guy is a special teams ace. If that's true, and it's all his career turns out to be, it's a good pick.

Our ST suck. And it's not just the return man either.

Hey fellas, thought I'd stop in and say I loved this draft (I mean, really, what else can we do as Skins fans? Hope is still alive, enjoy it).

My favorite pick outside of the obvious Sherff pick is/was Preston Smith. Just get the sense this guy is going to be an absolute monster for us.

This draft was clearly about identity. Establishing the Redskins identity. All of these guys just grade through the roof in terms of love of football, grit and toughness. Even the smaller guys like Crowder and Tevin Mitchell play like they're double their size and have zero fear. Look at how Crowder has that willingness to run directly at would-be tacklers and through them, as well as his willingness to go get the ball. Look at how willing of a tackler Mitchell is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.