• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Did we just pick the best OL in the draft with our #1 pick?

Good to see your name in my feed Sarge!

Good to see you Sarge.

Now, sing with me..."Let's go Scherffin' now, everybody's learning how, come on a safari with me..."

There's a new Scherff in town.

Last edited:
Yes, no question, the best offensive lineman in the draft. About time we get a guy you can say is the best. Home run choice, he will play more snaps than anyone in this draft class. Just what this team needed.

hahaha, im not actually sad ive been pushing for Oline the whole time im just looking at what could be a generational DT go the the Jets and making a sad face. if scherff plays guard and absolutely dominates, I will be a happy guy, now we just need a couple more olinemen, maybe landon collins to come in and start at safety and I will be ecstatic

maybe landon collins to come in and start at safety and I will be ecstatic

I would like to see Landon Collins a Redskin. He's a decent Safety & played well for Bama. Would like to see that transition from my favorite college team to my favorite pro team.

I love this pick. Scherff is going to be a good fit here.

I think McCloughan is looking for talent, but he is also looking for guys that have a drive to succeed and perform consistently.

Notice that there were a number of OL taken yesterday, but with some guys they have weight problems or on film have a reputation for taking plays off, etc.

This kid doesn't have these issues.

And so that reduces the uncertainties about the pick. Doesn't eliminate them, but it's nice not to have to come in and motivate a draft pick to play well over the summer

It's so funny... all the media type will yell how bad our O line is, yet we only get a C+ grade for picking the best O linemen in the draft. I know, and I don't generally listen to these morons, but it's just a bit annoying today for some reason.

It's so funny... all the media type will yell how bad our O line is, yet we only get a C+ grade for picking the best O linemen in the draft. I know, and I don't generally listen to these morons, but it's just a bit annoying today for some reason.

I saw that, and thought the same thing.
Nothing we do will impress the sports media.

Our grade dropped from a probable A+, to a C+, simply because we did not go the BPA route, and/or because Scherff was rated just a few spots lower.

Last edited:

Just remember, they have, several times in past 5-10 years, graded the Browns as having an A draft. 2 of those years, they drafted Quinn and Manziel. So....

I'm getting tired of some of you guys saying 'we didn't go BPA'. We went with McLovin's BPA. He may not have been YOUR BPA, or every mediot or 'expert's' BPA, but I have no doubt Scherff was the top player left on McLovin's board. I think it's disrespectful to believe otherwise if I'm being honest.

Hey, Sarge, damn good to hear from you again!

Yes, I think we grabbed the best OL candidate in the draft.

I'm getting tired of some of you guys saying 'we didn't go BPA'. We went with McLovin's BPA. He may not have been YOUR BPA, or every mediot or 'expert's' BPA, but I have no doubt Scherff was the top player left on McLovin's board. I think it's disrespectful to believe otherwise if I'm being honest.

Thank you! We all love to speculate about what will happen. We see the players, hear the talk, and we decide who we want. But in the end, whatever we say is just talk. We are on a message board. We have zero responsibility for whatever we say about football. Our jobs aren't on the line. If Mccloughan said he was the best pick, he is the best pick. His track record elsewhere was pretty good.

Disagree Ryman. Scot had to account for the possibility Williams would fall to us, if for no other reason than to be armed and ready to considerpossible trade scenarios that might be offered.

And, of course, because he's a professional GM. I'm thinking chances are pretty good he had consensus top 5 prospect Leonard Williams "on his board." :)

image.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.