• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

La el Collins in the 5,6,7 rounds do you do it?

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
% would be questionable, 6 or 7 would be a no brainer imho, you get a guy who until this week was a first round talent. the risk is that he is unavailable but we are not talent rich and lets be honest, not many 6 or 7 rounders are gonna be contributors, so you gamble that its all good and get a stud for cheap.

An absolute no brainer. Even if he is somehow implicated and we lose him you lose players that low in drafts all the time. But I can't see him slipping past the 3rd tops

Yeah, if nothing changes, I'd say he's gone in the third.

If he's cleared by the police within 24 hours, he'll be one of the first picks tomorrow night.

If he's cleared by the police within 24 hours,

That's a big "if".
Things like this can take longer than just a couple days.

La el Collins in the 5,6,7 rounds do you do it? .

I thought there was a question mark in his first name, between the A and the E.
At least that's how McD5 has been spelling it in all his quotes of Collins
Or does the question mark represent the huge question about his draft status ?

Last edited:
Someone's likely already said it, but the police won't, and CAN'T 'clear him' on a timetable. Keep in mind, something like 90% of murders are committed by family or people with intimate relationships with the deceased. Remember Rae Carruth. Who'd have ever believed that could happen? And don't think NFL GMs don't remember that.

If he's innocent, it would be in HIS best interests to go undrafted. The team that takes him will likely have multiple picks in whatever round and I'm betting it will be a compensatory pick. It could very well be considered a steal, unless he's guilty.

Remember, cops are like GM's. They'll blow smoke and play their cards close to the vest. Just because they SAY he's not a suspect now doesn't mean he won't become one. Evidence takes a heck of a lot longer to process and sift through than it does on TV. If he's innocent, he's getting royally screwed. If he's guilty....well, let's just hope justice doesn't take as long to be served as it did for Sean Taylor.

With what we know right now, I don't see how a team can take him just yet. Not in the third round.

Randy Gregory will be interesting though.....either as our own player or possibly as a trade piece.

Who knows if it's more smoke from Mr. Scott or not but I think Gregory is OFF our board. If he can stay clean, he'd be a steal but all I can think of is Fred Davis and Tanard Jackson and at this point, we don't have enough picks to even take a late flyer on Collins. I'm guessing he's not under consideration either.

Jerry Jones will take Collins as a potential replacement for Doug Free.

All 32 GMs (or their staff) are probably on the phones right now trying to find out as many details about this case as they can. This situation smells a little too much like Rae Carruth to me. Although La'el is not going to be found hiding in a trunk of any car that was made in the last 30 years.

I'm not trying to convict the guy before we have the facts. We have almost no details about how he could have been involved. He might be a good guy caught in a bad situation. In that case the NFL will still be there for him and he still stands to make a lot of money.

Should we draft him though? My bet is it'll take a 3rd to do that, maybe even a late 2nd. I wouldn't be willing to do that. Someone will though. My money is on the Jets.

Jerry Jones will take Collins as a potential replacement for Doug Free.

If Jerruh is gonna gamble, it has to be tonight. Collins has already said if he doesn't go tonight, he won't sign and will sit out a year and re-enter the draft in 2016.

Collins has already said if he doesn't go tonight, he won't sign and will sit out a year and re-enter the draft in 2016.

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like greed is the only motivating factor in that decision ? And/or spite.
Does it really pay off, though ?
Would he really make a lot more money by getting a bigger contract next year, even though he misses an entire year's worth of NFL salary in 2015 ??

Again, unless I'm missing something, he sounds at the least, very self-centered (even if he's innocent of the charges), and not the type of character player I'd want the Skins to draft at all

Last edited:
I can't fault the guy at all for that. He went from a decent contract to probably around the minimum because of something completely out of his control (assuming his innocence of course). It's a lot of money and if he doesn't get drafted today but thinks he can recoup a lot of that by waiting for next year, that's hard for me to blame him.

I agree with Goal. Maybe it's a little bit greed but Randy Gregory lost 9 mil per year for a situation he COULD control but chose not to. I don't blame Collins at all, unless he's guilty.

I find it hysterical that Gregory said whatever team he goes to has to have a support system for him to remain healthy and drug free......

And he goes to dallass. You can't write these jokes any better

I can't fault the guy at all for that. He went from a decent contract to probably around the minimum because of something completely out of his control (assuming his innocence of course). It's a lot of money and if he doesn't get drafted today but thinks he can recoup a lot of that by waiting for next year, that's hard for me to blame him.

With as many picks as we have now, it's tempting to take him.

On the other hand, I'm starting to believe that he's guilty. Or at least knows who did it, or hired someone to do it.

No press conference? No defending himself? No anything.......just silence? I doubt many innocent people would just sit back and watch as they lose tens of millions of dollars.

:.
With as many picks as we have now, it's tempting to take him.

On the other hand, I'm starting to believe that he's guilty. Or at least knows who did it, or hired someone to do it.

No press conference? No defending himself? No anything.......just silence? I doubt many innocent people would just sit back and watch as they lose tens of millions of dollars.
His attorney is controlling that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.