• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

La el Collins in the 5,6,7 rounds do you do it?

The point is, we don't even know he is involved in any way. That's kind of a relevant detail..

Understood. Likewise, we don't know if he's directly involved. That's why nobody drafted the guy. That's kind of a relevant detail too.

That's all I'm saying. Too much undo risk involved. And at least 32 people agree with me. Mr PooPoo Pants! :)

Throwing a 7th rounder at him isn't much of a risk nor would bringing him in as an UDFA be. There is literally zero public evidence he is involved. It would be one thing if he were a suspect. To date, he's not. Teams stayed away from him mostly because they are gun shy of taking a Ray Rice-like PR hit. I'm surprised you are so worried about the PC implications. He's not a criminal or a suspect yet. When or if he is, that's another matter.

I'd pursue the matter - but he's not coming hee w/Williams and Scherff lined up for the tackle positions

According to Keim, we aren't even pursuing him.

But Collins at RT with Scherff at guard would have been sick.

I get both sides on this one. This is an ugly crime, and to even be associated with it at all, even name only, is not good. If Scot decides that affiliation isn't worth it, I would understand that.

If the kid is completely innocent, I do feel badly for him though. Pretty shitty situation on multiple levels.

Could they have been questioning just to see if he still talked to her so they might be able to figure out who she hung out with? It's been over a year since they were together.

Trent Williams at LT Scherff at RG someone we dont have yet at Centre (maybe the rookie) trade a next years 4 for Mathis to the eagles to play LG, sign Collins to play RT and suddenly we have the best Oline in the NFL and are WORLDS better than last year. Mathis is old but guards often play into their late 30's. he would give some vet leadership, Scherff would be a better fit inside.

Trade next year's 4th for an over the hill guard.

Ummm...Vinny doesn't run this show anymore.

No more dumb,Pete Kendall moves.

Throwing a 7th rounder at him isn't much of a risk nor would bringing him in as an UDFA be. There is literally zero public evidence he is involved. It would be one thing if he were a suspect. To date, he's not. Teams stayed away from him mostly because they are gun shy of taking a Ray Rice-like PR hit. I'm surprised you are so worried about the PC implications. He's not a criminal or a suspect yet. When or if he is, that's another matter.
I don't really care about the PC crap. Wouldn't stop me from hearing all the negativity thrown our way, from inside and out, if the kid winds up being implicated. I think it's pretty damn telling that no one wanted to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

No one.

No one.

How the hell do you sell the "character matters to us", to the rest of the team by taking the risk.

IF, and I know damn well that's a big if, but if we signed him, and the kid winds up dirty, it makes every word uttered by the front office, and Mr McGloo specifically, about character, locker room chemistry, etc... totally useless and hollow.

I also know if the kid comes up clean, there will be a bunch of "I told you so's" floating around.

If he winds up in the HOF, I'll still believe that every team in the league got it right, not drafting him with the unknown of it all.

except that Mathis was one of the top 5 rated guards last season, and even if we only get 2 solid seasons out of him, its a bargain for a 4th round pick. and it gives us time (2 drafts) to find a younger guy to take over.

But we've heard this song and dance before and actually saw it played out with Pete Kendall and Jammal Brown.

Moves like that do nothing but kick the can down the road when, if we do it right the first time and draft our own, we're not sitting in front of the TV on draft day wondering why we only got 4 picks in the draft.

We're in the process of a rebuild. No need to screw it up by cutting corners to trade for a 30 something lineman.

Patience,Grasshopper.

I'm wondering if Goodell didn't ask the owners to steer clear of him until the matter is resolved. That might be a better explanation for no one taking a chance to date than some universal concern or sudden case of ethical duty ...

It does seem odd that nobody took a chance with him never being called a suspect at all. I mean, not even a 7th round pick?

Wouldn't put a thing past Goodell.

The teams could also be privy to info not yet known to the general public.

While I wouldn't put it past Goodell, there's no way he does that unless he's the dumbest bastard in the land. That could lead to a huge law suit if it ever came to light.

I don't know Miles, the arrogant SOB says with a straight face that there was no collusion in the cap ****ing we got.

Wouldn't put a thing past Goodell.

The teams could also be privy to info not yet known to the general public.

Possible but not likely the police would share in my opinion. I can respect both points of view...

While I wouldn't put it past Goodell, there's no way he does that unless he's the dumbest bastard in the land. That could lead to a huge law suit if it ever came to light.

I think as with any large company there are private directives that wouldn't pass the smell test if revealed in public. I think it's quite possible the league front office quietly said 'let's wait and see how this pans out (in the interests of the league)'

Paternity test taken by former LSU lineman La'el Collins negative

A paternity test administered to former LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins was negative.

Both the Baton Rouge police department and Collins' representatives confirmed the results.

Collins was interviewed by police Monday about the shooting death of a 29-year-old pregnant woman in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Brittney Mills, Collins' ex-girlfriend, was shot to death April 24 upon opening the front door of her home.

Police said Collins is not a suspect in the case, nor even a person of interest.

Collins' representatives also told Anderson that Collins passed the polygraph test administered by an independent investigator in connection with Mills' case.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.