• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

La el Collins in the 5,6,7 rounds do you do it?

FYI, the ex-girlfriend's baby, who initially survived the incident, has just passed away.

This part sounds messed up - I just heard a report that his attorney said Collins was unavailable for questioning, because he is in Chicago awaiting the draft. But they will be happy to answer questions after the draft. WTF ? Dude, you got your priorities all wrong. Forget the draft, and forget Chicago. Go down to Baton Rouge and clear your name first, even if it means you miss the draft. Sounds real fishy. Can't feel sorry for a guy missing out on his draft positioning, when he didn't make the timely effort to right the situation.

You have a better chance of being drafted early, if GM's see that you are eager to cooperate in the situation.
You stayed in Chicago for NOTHING. You gained nothing, and only hurt yourself !

What did you stand to gain, by remaining in Chicago for the event ?
The #1 overall pick stayed home, just to be with his Mom, yet you can't go home for the draft for something this serious ?

Last edited:
No doubt Jerry Jones is going to find room for him at the half-way house down in Dallas :D

I heard some speculation that his Agent had spoken with all the teams in the NFL and made it clear that if he was taken AFTER the 3rd round, then they were not going to sign, sit out this year, and reapply for the draft next year. I have to imagine that this is largely influenced by his agent and a bad 'circle' who are trying to milk him for more money. I guess his hope is that he will be found to be innocent, and if he reapplies next year, he'll be a top tier pick.

He now has to sign with a team as a free agent as the nfl would not let him back out of the draft or enetr the supplemental draft or enter next years draft

I'm pretty sure he can not sign and wait a year. Isn't that what Elway did and Bo did as well?

He can't re-enter the draft like baseball and hockey players can.

He's a free agent who can sign a limited contract according to the CBA?

The advantage for him is he can choose his team (Patriots or Seahawks?) and get a second contract after 2 years.

That's crazy. If he wasn't drafted he has to just sign a deal? And he can pick any team he wants?

Why wouldn't that happen more often so players could play for new England?

I think Collins signs this offseason, assuming he's cleared.
There's 2 advantages of him doing it this year, rather than wait again to get drafted. And one of them involves money, which clearly is very important to Collins.
First, he can choose any team he wants. If he was drafted, he likely would have gone to a losing team.
Secondly, as an UDFA, signing a 3-year contract, he's allowed to renegotiate after 2 years. If he were drafted, he would not be allowed that privilege

He is not eligible to re-enter the draft next year. He does not have that choice to make.

La'el Collins goes undrafted, not eligible for '16 draft - NFL.com

Collins' representatives had told clubs that Collins would refuse to sign with a team that drafted him outside the third round and that Collins would simply re-enter the draft in 2016. However, that is not an option according to NFL rules, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday.

So what I heard reported was correct, but it's now come to light that it's not within the rules...?

So if he's cleared to play it'll be a waiver wire type thing?

Not that I'm necessarily wanting him either. I mean he's not Hernandez level stupid but still

My understanding is that he his only an undrafted player. He can sign with whoever he wants that makes him an offer. He met with, at least, the Bills last night and the Dolphins today.

And who is saying that he has done anything wrong at this point other than having a previous relationship with the murdered woman?

I'm still surprised that we didn't draft him in the 7th. Who cares what his agent said about him holding out?

Either play for us this year or sit out and go sell cars.

We could have potentially fixed the line in one draft.

I'll confess, I don't get the hesitation to take a chance on him? If he's innocent what a pickup, if he's not, little to be lost.

That's exactly what I thought about the Cowboys. Already in the can for Dez Bryant, Josh Brent, Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory and Robert McClain.

Why not Collins too? :D

They already have their bad boy mitigation system setup,
ankle bracelet.jpg

wonder if the cost of keeping these guys under control is part of the contract structure.:bobby2:

I'll confess, I don't get the hesitation to take a chance on him? If he's innocent what a pickup, if he's not, little to be lost.
If he's not, maybe the next time he wigs out and kills someone, it'll be one of his teammates, or their wives, or children, or a secretary in the building.
Geez, I hope we're not that desperate as a fan base.

Steering clear was the only thing to do.

Actually, if he's not, he'll be behind bars and unable to kill anyone not in there with him.

I'd have been cool with droppin' a 7th round pick on this dude on spec.

If he's not, maybe the next time he wigs out and kills someone, it'll be one of his teammates, or their wives, or children, or a secretary in the building.
Geez, I hope we're not that desperate as a fan base.

Steering clear was the only thing to do.

That can't be a serious response :)

That can't be a serious response :)
Sure it is. Obviously, it goes straight to the worst possible scenario. But I find it hard to believe all those wishing we'd have drafted the guy could be serious.

With all the yearly drama everybody bitches about around here, drafting someone with the red flag of possibly being the murderer of a woman and an unborn child seems a tad hypocritical.

For all the "we need to do things more like the Patriots/Steelers/Whothe****ever, keep in mind, none of them drafted the guy either. I think it was right for no one to draft him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.