• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

3rd Annual Offical Tailgate Thread

The advantage to the designated tailgate lot with bigger spaces would seem to be to those arriving later in the morning ... gives them a chance to still stake out a decent spot. Seems to me that those who arrive early, in order to assure grabbing locations they already know and enjoy, don't really stand to gain anything by moving.

I'm keeping my green parking. If I have to walk over to the tailgate if it moves (or even if it doesn't I'll still have to walk over to it from the green I'll have)... but getting out is easier for me just to stay in green. I only have 2 games this year due to finances so I can deal.

Unless someone makes a compelling argument, I like where we've been the past 2 years.

I'm not familiar with the parking changes, so I can't say. Maybe one of the other guys can address?

For most, the changes, will be the roads that that you're compelled to utilize, when entering the lots. According to the the Skins, you'll be asked to turn around if you try to access a lot, from a road that's not designated for the lot that you're going to use. It shouldn't affect the BGO tailgate. I'm assuming that everyone comes in, via Arena Dr, to the F-Lot

All I know is what I received in email from the Redskins.

Definitely some advantages to tailgating in that lot, the ability to set up an hour earlier and double sized parking spots. The ES folks make it sound like they know of more advantages, but they haven't shared what that means.

I'm an ES tailgate regular. I don't know that there's much to share. We like the idea of an extra hour of tailgating, and the double-sized parking spaces. That extra hour is huge, for the cooks. It should make for a more relaxing tailgate, especially on the back-end, when you're scrambling to break it down, for the walk into the stadium.

The advantage to the designated tailgate lot with bigger spaces would seem to be to those arriving later in the morning ... gives them a chance to still stake out a decent spot. Seems to me that those who arrive early, in order to assure grabbing locations they already know and enjoy, don't really stand to gain anything by moving.

That sounds about right. The bigger spaces is one of the big factors in our move. Technically, according to the Skins, you're not supposed to take up 2 spots, with a single pass. A couple of our regulars do so, and it's never been an issue, as we get there early, and set up in the back, next to the woods. Theoretically, as the lots get packed, they can "make" you vacate the extra spot, for those late arrivals, (though I've never understood why people roll into the lots 30 minutes before a major sporting event). I'm not sure how many games you attend, but look around, and you'll notice a large # vehicles, scrambling to find spots, right before kick-off.

Supposedly, since the Red Zone is supposed to be a "designated" tailgating lot, it may be filled with other hard-core tailgaters, which is always fun to see. I'm also hearing, that they may have some extras, entertainment-wise. Who knows?

In any case, if I remember, after a couple of tailgates, I'll let you know what the Red Zone is all about, and how it compares to the green lot.

I'm an ES tailgate regular. I don't know that there's much to share. We like the idea of an extra hour of tailgating, and the double-sized parking spaces. That extra hour is huge, for the cooks. It should make for a more relaxing tailgate, especially on the back-end, when you're scrambling to break it down, for the walk into the stadium.
Thanks. Sorry, didn't mean to sound snarky. The reference to talks with the Redskins made it sound as if there was more to it than the public information.

Thanks. Sorry, didn't mean to sound snarky. The reference to talks with the Redskins made it sound as if there was more to it than the public information.

No problem and no need to apologize!

I'll do some digging, I'll also get a hold of my buddy Tailgate Ted, who also sat in on these open forum meetings along with Pez / Huly. I would REALLY like to keep it in the same spot. Open area, jersey walls on 1 side. We're usually the 1st group in and last group out, and it backs up to the woods allowing for extra room. Now that I'm married, and no longer planning a wedding, I can devote more time to stuff like this. If anyone has any further intel on what is going to happen to our spot, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just looked... the Redzone is a HIKE from the stadium. I'd imagine we should continue as previous years until we hear that it's not allowed to tailgate at that spot. I know DTC has come out and said they aren't moving, and I doubt any other substantial tailgate group is going to relocate OUT of the primary lot to have access an hour earlier. The group of us that gets there an hour early sits at the gate and tailgates anyways.

Misread the map... it's not any further.. just on the opposite side of the stadium from previous tailgates

I'll do some digging, I'll also get a hold of my buddy Tailgate Ted, who also sat in on these open forum meetings along with Pez / Huly. I would REALLY like to keep it in the same spot. Open area, jersey walls on 1 side. We're usually the 1st group in and last group out, and it backs up to the woods allowing for extra room. Now that I'm married, and no longer planning a wedding, I can devote more time to stuff like this. If anyone has any further intel on what is going to happen to our spot, it would be greatly appreciated.

The changes will not affect the BGO tailgate. The spot will still be available, as always.

Thank you bud :thumbsup:

Looks like no changes will be made to the location and it works in our favor.
Fans who wish to tailgate in more than one parking space will be directed to the back of parking lots, where they will be allowed to occupy additional spaces until required for additional vehicles.

We'll be in line early again, and make sure we lock up our spot!

Good deal gents. Gracias.

Looks like the Radisson where we stayed last year has been purchased and re-designed, and with that pricing has also been changed. We are in the process of finding another hotel option, suggestions welcome. My awesome wife found a really good looking spot about 7 miles north of the stadium. Rooms look good, has a bar and patio for us to hang out at the night before, and a billiard room. I'd imagine we will be getting together in some fashion the night before, and anyone interested in joining is more then welcome... meet and greet style!

This year's tailgate homebrew is going to be a Stout. I'll brew a special dark stout with the addition of some special ingredients. I have taken 1 1/2 pints of Woodburn Reserve bourbon and added a lb. of dark coffee beans and 4 or 5 split vanilla beans. That'll soak for a month and be added to the finished Stout along with a massive infusion of fresh vanilla beans. We will conquer racial discord forever with this one! I expect it to be wonderful :)

Just another reason to plan on being at the next BGO tailgate!

Last edited:
Still not too late for requests...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're the mastermind.... Do you have the know how to do something lighter? Maybe a wheat or an easy drinkin beer. While I absolutely love the other ones, they'll own ya!

Absolutely - I have brewed all kinds of beers. I will take that as a request for an easy drinking session ale...coming right up. I'm going to name it 'Silent Threat'... :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.