• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Insider: McCoy, Clausen draw Redskins' attention

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Wow...the first three paragraphs lead me to believe the Redskins are effed....and for a looooooooooong time.

Owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, recently attended a University of Texas game to scout quarterback Colt McCoy, according to sources within the organization. Cerrato also made a trip to conduct an in-person evaluation of Notre Dame junior quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who this week declared for the draft.

The belief among some at Redskins Park is that Snyder and Cerrato plan to use the team's first draft pick this year in their quest to find the Redskins' next franchise quarterback, which could signal the end of Jason Campbell's tenure with the team. He will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season, which means the Redskins could match any offers he received.

"Whatever's out there I don't even listen to it," Campbell said. "If people try to talk to me about that stuff, I just tell them I don't want to hear it. I don't want to take anything like that with me into a game. I just want to finish this season on a strong note and let the offseason take care of itself. I just feel they'll be plenty of time in the offseason for that stuff to be worked out."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/mccoy-clausen-draw-redskins-at.html

Because he owns the team and he wants to.

Snyder is a boob.

All he knows about the NFL or college football is the top names. Despite 10 years of being 'in the game' so to speak he is still going back to the same old well to fix things - get the most well-known player available at a need position and throw money at him and expect things to get better.

The Caps are the only team in Washington that actually provides value and entertainment for the dollar.

These other teams in town just steal your money with either a bone-headed approach to business (Redskins) or a miserly set of owners who make a nice profit for themselves all the while talking about 'building an infrastructure' (Lerners) which of course is a lot cheaper year over year than acquiring a free agent starting pitcher :)

B/C Snyder is a ******* moron.

And if Vinny is with him, then it means he'll be back in 2010 as the officially unofficial GM and owner's lap dog/enabler. :frown2:

I swear I'm going to punch a wall........

Jesus, I'm going to have to find a new team.......:cry::cry::cry:

I'm surprised Snyder hasn't hired Mel Kiper as his GM yet. They could have a lot of fun together & it would be an improvement.

I wonder if Mel plays racquetball?

I don't know what everyone has against Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato. Okay, I couldn't help myself. In terms of the draft Kiper would be an improvement.

My left ass cheek would be an improvement

So ding and dong are at it again? Wonderful. In the back of my mind I was really hoping that after watching the most miserable season of football I've ever seen in 35-40 years, something would change.

Guess not

Goodbye season tickets

Jeezus Christ!

Here.
fegu090800027.jpg

It's as simple as this. IF, we draft a QB, and he's the next Peyton Manning, what is wrong with that?

And, if he's the next Ryan Leaf, you guys get to tell us all how "right" you were, and look like message board fortune tellers. What's wrong with that?

Even though most say they wouldn't, easily done BTW, when they'll never get the chance to, most "fans" would be just as involved if they owned the team. Don't kid yourselves.

We can hope and want and complain all day long. Won't change a goddamn thing.

Let it go.

From my POV, it's as simple as this

I've paid over a THOUSAND dollars a year for almost ten years to watch a fan that just so happens to own the team run it into the ground. There is NO indication that this is going to change, especially hearing this news.

I've reached a point in my life where yes, I'm making more money than I ever have in my life (Not that that was hard after leaving the military) but I'm no longer willing to pay the fan to watch this giant cluster****. Not in person anyway.

Enjoy your offseason of Fantasy Football

And this is a broken record, but you KNOW what's going to happen

the danny is going to get a woody for one of these guys. He's going to run him through Madden. Then, despite the fact that we need oh, two or three quality O-Linemen, a Running Back or two,a corner and SS, the danny will give away the shop to snag one of these guys. Book it.

And he'll be on the cover of the Redskins Store catalog ten minutes later

Lather, rinse, repeat.

People want to keep paying for that..............have fun

that's not true. If I purchased the Redskins my first move would not be to buy field glasses to go watch prospects at the combine but to find a GM I could trust to build an organization I would not be embarrassed to be the front man for.

But that's just me.

I figure that when entering a new field of endeavor it is best to seek the advice of those that know the territory.

In most cases that's good business sense too.

Unfortunately for Snyder, he didn't learn that lesson because he was able to make the mistake of coming in and trying to run it himself as a novice and not having to suffer any revenue loss as a result.

If the result had been a team that lost its season ticket base and merchandising, Snyder would have changed course before now because it would have stung him in the pocket book.

From my POV, it's as simple as this

I've paid over a THOUSAND dollars a year for almost ten years to watch a fan that just so happens to own the team run it into the ground. There is NO indication that this is going to change, especially hearing this news.

I've reached a point in my life where yes, I'm making more money than I ever have in my life (Not that that was hard after leaving the military) but I'm no longer willing to pay the fan to watch this giant cluster****. Not in person anyway.

And the offseason of Fantasy Football is outside of my control. I'm not switching teams, so, if it's lemons I get, it's lemonade I'll make. The sun will rise again.

Enjoy your offseason of Fantasy Football

Well, like they say, talk is cheap. Stand by your convictions. And, if you continue to spend, any money, time, or effort, rooting for this team, only to be frustrated to the point of endlessly complaining about it, then take the full responsibility for that which was your choice to do.

that's not true. If I purchased the Redskins my first move would not be to buy field glasses to go watch prospects at the combine but to find a GM I could trust to build an organization I would not be embarrassed to be the front man for.

But that's just me.

I don't doubt that you believe you would, but there's no way we'll ever know. Do you often, when you believe you are absolutely right about something, go against your own instincts, and do that which you believe is wrong?

Not me, man. If I bought the team, I would appoint myself GM and do it all. ;)

I have no problem with Dan tagging along with Vinny to scout QB's. It's simply due diligence. If Danny is gonna front the money, he wants to see what he's getting and he'll need Vinny to explain everything to him. Granted, it's like Lucy trying to explain ANYTHING to a young Linus but Vinny does at least have a LITTLE experience with scouting.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really don't want Danny deciding who we draft but if I were the owner, I'd want to take a look at these guys so I have an understanding of how they fit into the big picture.

I'm just hoping it doesn't amount to anything more than window shopping.

Well, like they say, talk is cheap. Stand by your convictions. And, if you continue to spend, any money, time, or effort, rooting for this team, only to be frustrated to the point of endlessly complaining about it, then take the full responsibility for that which was your choice to do.

Almost there

Haven't bought anything Redskins (except tickets) in three years, and I'll take care of the tickets if Vinnie is still here in Feb

Started watching games this year and discovered that TIVOing it is a much better use of time. if the game is interesting I watch it later. If not, I do more productive things like take a crap or watch real football teams play

Divesting myself from the Skins is almost complete. I always hope they win, but I've come to a point that as long as the danny is scouting for the team and playing fantasy football, they'll suck.

I think from looking at the stands at least 30,000 others have come to the same point in life as well.

Maybe a blackout of the first game next year will get danny's attention

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.