• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post Article: Redskins & RGIII 5th year option

I agree TR1...though...if I'm McL...I draft Mariota if he's there w/o thinking twice about it.

SmootPoint's thread showed me that there is little downside in picking up the option. I had thought that if we did, the contract was automatically guaranteed. Discovering that it's only guaranteed for injury purposes, and that we can cut Robert with no salary hit if lays an egg this season, which he will not, then it's a relatively easy decision.

Plus, I think Mr McGloo, like myself, is convinced that Robert can still be our franchise QB going forward.

I thought Griffin would start the year on the field, this doesn't change that.

But can you imagine a scenario where after 6-8 games Griffin looks poor and then gets pulled because the team then worries he could get hurt and we would be on the hook for a 2016 salary Griffin wouldn't otherwise get?

Exercising the option actually puts more pressure on Griffin to perform well.

Let's face it, rehabbing from injury is the lasting impression a lot of us have of Griffin three years into his career.

So, did we exercise the option, so we could trade him ?

Robert Griffin III to the Bills for EJ Manuel, and change

To repeat: This column is about what we'd love to see, and we readily admit this isn't going to happen. But wouldn't it be great? Robert Griffin's latest comments are a reminder of how poisoned the atmosphere in Washington has become. The coaching staff and management may not be on the same page with RGIII, which is not a healthy situation for anyone. Anyone that loved watching Griffin play as a rookie wants to see him get a true second chance. It's hard to imagine that happening in Washington.

While we acknowledge this trade is more than unlikely, it makes plenty of sense. The Bills have a creative offensive coordinator in Greg Roman that has a history with Colin Kaepernick, a similar quarterback, in San Francisco. Griffin could compete to start with Matt Cassel and try to prove he's a long-term option. The Redskins would be better off just starting fresh with a quarterback that coach Jay Gruden actually wants like Kirk Cousins. Manuel would give Gruden another option to compete. If we've learned anything about the Grudens at the NFL level, they usually don't stick with one starting quarterback for long. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Six draft trades we'd love to see - NFL.com

How do I simply state "MEH" but exceed the 6 character limit?

The original article was embarrassing enough. Trying to pass off wild speculation as a 'rumor'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.