• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ganther to start this Sunday

I like this a lot. Cartwright is a true Redskin, a fantastic special teamer, and the consummate professional - but a starting RB he is not.

This team is surviving on the ground without Portis and Betts.

Looks like the 28 and 30 year old vets may be looking for work in 2010.

The Redskins need to upgrade youth and speed in the backfield. It has been a need now for 2-3 years.

Betts was never the 'change of pace' back from Portis because Portis changed his running style to fit into Gibbs' system and they became the same player, albeit with Portis having better quickness and durability.

Betts is a guy who has been hurt repeatedly despite limited playing time.

I like the move. But I would like to see Rock in there on most 3rd downs. I have been impressed with him as a receiver out of backfield especially in the flat and if you get him in space he is pretty effective.

Plus I would like to see Rock back there on kickoffs again. It was interesting to see what we have in Thomas as a returner but I prefer Rocks straight ahead style better than Thomas' dancing style on kick returns. Besides I don't want to see Thomas get hurt just as he starts to come around as a receiver.

...It was interesting to see what we have in Thomas as a returner but I prefer Rocks straight ahead style better than Thomas' dancing style on kick returns. Besides I don't want to see Thomas get hurt just as he starts to come around as a receiver.

I saw Thomas hitting those holes hard this past weekend at the game, except the one he bounced outside for the big pickup. But i support the idea of keeping him healthy since he seems to be coming on as a receiver.

Like I said in another thread, I don't care who starts as long as we call the plays that are best suited for the back in the game. It is pretty much run by committee at this point anyway.

Plus I would like to see Rock back there on kickoffs again. It was interesting to see what we have in Thomas as a returner but I prefer Rocks straight ahead style better than Thomas' dancing style on kick returns. Besides I don't want to see Thomas get hurt just as he starts to come around as a receiver.

Wow, you are the first person I've heard say that. Thomas brings an explosiveness that Cartwright definitely lacks. With Thomas, you actually can believe he's got the ability to break off a huge run, but with RC back there, you kind of never expect him to get further than the 25-35 yard line.

Thomas is very close to breaking a kick return for a TD. It almost happened twice last week. I would not go back to Cartwright at this juncture.

If Thomas continues to come on in the passing game perhaps you go back to Rock or another player to protect Thomas from injury, but right now I like his contribution on offense AND teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.