• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Britt McHenry

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
This seems to be a very hot topic among Redskins fans.

Remember the CEO who went on a rant at the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru clerk ?
The guy was fired on the spot, of course.
There seems to be a lot of similarities in these 2 cases.
Should she see a similar fate ?

Last edited:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

PARKING ENFORCEMENT IS CONTENTIOUS BY NATURE. AT THE SAME TIME, NEITHER GINA, OUR LOT CLERK, NOR OUR COMPANY, HAVE ANY INTEREST IN SEEING BRITT MCHENRY SUSPENDED OR TERMINATED AS A RESULT OF HER COMMENTS.

MS. MCHENRY IS OUR NEIGHBOR, AND, AS SHE SAID, TO PARAPHRASE, MADE REMARKS THAT WERE OUT OF LINE. SHE IS HUMAN AND ERRORS IN JUDGEMENT CAN BE MADE IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT.

GINA IS A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN WHO WORKS A DIFFICULT JOB TO PROVIDE HER FAMILY. GINA HOLDS NO ILL WILL TOWARD MS. MCHENRY.

AS A SMALL BUSINESS, WE SAW NO BENEFIT TO RELEASING THE VIDEO, EXCEPT TO HIGHLIGHT PERSONAL ATTACKS EMPLOYEES IN JOBS LIKE TOWING, PUBLIC PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND OTHERS SOMETIMES ENCOUNTER. THE VIDEO WAS NOT LICENSED OR SOLD TO ANYONE.

ADVANCED TOWING CO.

Last edited:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

PARKING ENFORCEMENT IS CONTENTIOUS BY NATURE. AT THE SAME TIME, NEITHER GINA, OUR LOT CLERK, NOR OUR COMPANY, HAVE ANY INTEREST IN SEEING BRITT MCHENRY SUSPENDED OR TERMINATED AS A RESULT OF HER COMMENTS.

MS. MCHENRY IS OUR NEIGHBOR, AND, AS SHE SAID, TO PARAPHRASE, MADE REMARKS THAT WERE OUT OF LINE. SHE IS HUMAN AND ERRORS IN JUDGEMENT CAN BE MADE IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT.

GINA IS A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 CHILDREN WHO WORKS A DIFFICULT JOB TO PROVIDE HER FAMILY. GINA HOLDS NO ILL WILL TOWARD MS. MCHENRY.

AS A SMALL BUSINESS, WE SAW NO BENEFIT TO RELEASING THE VIDEO, EXCEPT TO HIGHLIGHT PERSONAL ATTACKS EMPLOYEES IN JOBS LIKE TOWING, PUBLIC PARKING ENFORCEMENT AND OTHERS SOMETIMES ENCOUNTER. THE VIDEO WAS NOT LICENSED OR SOLD TO ANYONE.

ADVANCED TOWING CO.

What a crock of shit...I have no problem with them releasing the video, Ms. McHenry was way over the line. But own it - you DID release the video and you did it to embarass MS. MCHENRY YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Lots of cash floating around in the business, so I have to wonder how much Britt paid for that statement :)

As a person in the service industry, and having run a towing company, and run a wrecker for a number of years, unfortunately what Britt spewed is nothing uncommon. That was pretty mild compared to what you'll hear when you're doing a repo.... if you're not being shot at. It's down right amazing I never went off on anybody, but it's how you deal with. Now, what she did was complete bull shit, but again, when you're in the business, you need to have a thick skin.

As a person in the service industry, and having run a towing company, and run a wrecker for a number of years, unfortunately what Britt spewed is nothing uncommon. That was pretty mild compared to what you'll hear when you're doing a repo.... if you're not being shot at. It's down right amazing I never went off on anybody, but it's how you deal with. Now, what she did was complete bull shit, but again, when you're in the business, you need to have a thick skin.

It is common in the service business, but shouldn't you expect more from a person in her particular position ?

She's human, too. She was wrong but most people will react like that if put in that situation from what I've learned in my life

It is common in the service business, but shouldn't you expect more from a person in her particular position ?

Isn't that a double standard though? Why should we 'expect more from a person in her position'? She's not an elected official for God's sake. And the price she will pay for being an idiot far surpasses anything any of us would pay - because of 'her position'.

She's off work. Whatever she does on her own time, short of violating the law, that's her private business, good or bad. The fact that someone decided to humiliate her is irrelevant imho.

Good for you. No one is defending her assinine response under stress. The point is - she's on her own time. This isn't communist China last time I checked. If folks want to criticize her, go for it. But her employee has no basis for commenting, acting, or disciplining. It's ridiculous.

But her employee has no basis for commenting, acting, or disciplining. It's ridiculous.

I think it's very relevant to her job.

Look at this this way. Do you think her employer would have hired her, if they saw a video of her doing that, BEFORE they hired her ?

Not a chance.

And many companies DO hold people responsible for what they do in their "off" time. Because you're still representing their brand. Whether you're on or off the clock, the things you do will affect the image of the company you work for, and of course they're going to take a long look at that

Do you think anyone at bspn hasn't had moments they lashed out or said the wrong thing?

Berman..smiff..simmons..

That's just to name a few off the top of my head. Firing her for doing no worse than any one of them would he hypocritical

Just because a company would like to hold an employee accountable for every second of their life doesn't give them the right to hold an employee accountable for every second of their life.

Please send me your bosses email addresses. I want to send them everything you've ever posted here for their approval. And they are going to want to talk to your friends and loved ones. Let me know how that feels and works out for you.

Already addressed. A passing comment 'I'm in the news', while idiotic, doesn't alter a damn thing. Her car had been towed. She's off the clock. How, exactly, does that involve ESPN?

No, no matter how much you try it isn't relevant. She was off work, nowhere near there, and as far as you know her contract doesn't state what you claim anywhere in it.

I honestly could give a rat's ass about her - she's an obnoxious female 'sports reporter'. But what I do care about is 'the mob'. Whether it's on Twitter, Facebook, or Sports Center, I can't stand the rush to tar and feather anyone who does anything that 'the mob' disapproves of. God forbid, anyone, anywhere, does anything that the majority views as wrong or unseemly. Because they are going to want to stone you to death for it. And honestly, I suspect that the primary motivator with this urge is not so much justice and the need to protect righteousness, but a near psychotic need to destroy others so we can feel moral, progressive, politically correct, and superior to those who screwed up.

She is a young arrogant woman who screwed up. That about sums it up. She should be given the chance to learn from a stupid mistake and grow from it. Period.

Well, like I said in the original post - how is this different from the CEO in the Chick-Fil-A drive-through ?
You mentioned double-standard earlier.
This seems to be the real double-standard

Last edited:
Just because a company would like to hold an employee accountable for every second of their life doesn't give them the right to hold an employee accountable for every second of their life.

Please send me your bosses email addresses. I want to send them everything you've ever posted here for their approval. And they are going to want to talk to your friends and loved ones. Let me know how that feels and works out for you.

Every job is different
Doesn't it make sense that an employer of a public TV Personality, whose personality represents the company in front of a worldwide audience, would have more reason to be concerned with what they do off-the-job and in-public, than say, the employer of the sewer-cleaning man ?

The more public your job is, the more stricter the behavior of your public off-camera self

Last edited:
She was on her own time. The problem is her job puts her in the public eye, much like a politician or player, so it does impact her employer.

Pete...I feel for anyone that has had to repo a car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.