• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

SOW: Washington Redskins Secondary Improves, but Questions Remain

Can you imagine a hard hitting safety in Washington named Tartt? :)

There goes another pop-Tartt :aargh4:

The more I read about Tartt, the more I like him.

I've seen 5 upside, best-case comparisons for him.

1 was a player I'm not familiar with. 3 were Kim Chancellor.

And yes.......1 was Sean Taylor.

His coverage skills still need work. But wow, his hits remind me of a very young Sean Taylor.

Unfortunately, the mainstream media is now picking up on this guy.

Watch the last three minutes of that video after his interceptions. And his refusal to be denied touchdowns.

That looks very familiar.

The Skins starting cornerback tandem will be Culliver and Bashaud Breeland

Don't rule out Hall, so soon

Jeron Johnson has a grand total of 1 career starts

"Starts" are probably the most over-rated statistic.
It just means you weren't on the field for the opening play.
Technically you could have played every single snap after the first play, and not get credit for the Start

There goes another pop-Tartt :aargh4:

Your "tart" jokes are sour !

This writer has obviously done a lot of work.

Did you write it ?

Last edited:
Tartt is an intriguing option, I like the fact that he hits w/ power but actually tackles a guy, not just throwing a shoulder for the highlight hit but actually wraps him up.

Wow. What I really REALLY like about what I saw in those highlights is that he wraps up the ball carrier. He doesn't just hit you, he wraps you up & actually tackles. That is definitely a HUGE plus. I like him. I can't stand that we hardly see that in defensive players anymore. He knows how to tackle & clearly he's not afraid to do it.

I like that too. I especially like how he takes INTS back for touchdowns, refusing to be tackled prior to diving in.

The Redskins are going to have to invest one pick at least in the secondary.

Hall's health is a question mark and Phillip Thomas seems injury prone as well.

We are going to need better depth behind Culliver/Breeland and Johnson/Goldson.

I would like to see hall come back but physically I'm not sure he even can. Rupturing the same Achilles in one year is not a good sign. Plus with his age it's going to be harder to come back from that.

The fear is at 32 age and injury may have cost Hall enough speed where he is compromised at CB.

The plan doesn't seem to include trying him at safety, so this could be it.

If the Redskins draft a safety I don't think Phillip Thomas will make the team.

I recall him saying several times he didn't want to play safety as well.

Don't we have starting safeties lined up in goldson and johnson?

I was just wondering if Hall can come back but just not as a fulltime starter he could be perhaps a nickel corner and a backup safety, giving the team a roster spot to use on another position.

I remember a story about how Hall did a backflip in his doctor's office, after getting his achilles checked out.
Not sure how much that translates into 100% "football health, durability and effectiveness", but it's a damn good sign

After his first or second surgery?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.