• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Stevan Ridley Visiting Redskins Today

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Per Mike Reiss on ESPN. Looks like we are not looking solely to the draft for depth at RB.

He's a good RB, coming off a major injury, should be cheap. Bringing in some winning attitude and culture wouldn't hurt either. If we can get him low risk, I like it.

Very talented RB. Not exactly sure how he would fit in here, but could be a case of Scot just wanting to fill the roster with talented players.

I don't see how he would get many of Alfred's first or second down plays barring an injury or trade.

At the same time, he's not a traditional third down back.

So not sure if he'd ride the bench, if we'd try to turn him into a third down back, or if the team (less than 25% chance imho) would ever believe that he could fill Alf's shoes after an ACL, and would then entertain trade offers.

Not exactly sure what he'd be. But he's tremendous when not fumbling.

Pass.

Like McD said, I don't see how he fits. I definitely like Morris better, as the starter. I think Ridley will be looking for a starting gig.

I think he probably gets a one year prove it deal somewhere before someone even considers him for more than a third down back duty. Whether that's here or somewhere else probably depends on what he's looking for.

If Scot likes what he sees, and believes the man can provide quality depth at RB at a reasonable cost, I see little downside.

Ridley is coming off an ACL so I don't see him in anything other than 'prove it' mode for 2015.

He's going to need to come into a team and beat guys out to reach incentives no matter where he signs.

An oft injured running back with fumbling problems? This better be a vet minimum with no guarantees.

I don't think he will be ready to play until the preseason so I don't see him signing anywhere until camp.

I would like to have had him - but I love that we're not winning all of these FA competitions, because that means we are only willing to pull the trigger for guys we can get at value. The days of 'we always get our man' appear to be over, or at least, are on a welcome hiatus.

I like him too. I wish him the best until we play him. Then I hope he gets killed.

He's a player I really enjoy, but I like the path we are on.

Last edited:
He has a major ACL injury. With how you talk about Griffin and it being an issue I'm shocked you'd want him, McD.

Seems like he's another "I wanna stick it to my former team twice a year" kind of guy. Nothing wrong with that. I'll love it if he torches the Cheatriots regularly.

Lots of NFL players have ACL injuries. The reason folks (not just McD5) talk about Griffin's is because he's had 2 total reconstructions, coupled with the fact that his level of play has dramatically fallen off since the 2nd surgery. Depending on what kind of a runner any given running back is, an ACL repair could be a major red flag, or simply an obstacle to overcome. I think the future prognosis is highly variable, dependent on a lot of individual factors.

Oh...so it matters who it is. I always figured running backs took the most punishment and did the most running so their knees were as if not more important than any other player.

Oh...so it matters who it is.

Huh?? Of course it matters. There are Adrian Petersons, there are those who never look the same, and there are those who fall somewhere in between.

I always figured running backs took the most punishment and did the most running so their knees were as if not more important than any other player.

See above. Depends on the individual and probably also to some extent on what kind of running style they have...obviously a north-south guy is not going to be impacted as much as an east-west slashing type back might be.

I don't know if Griffin's knee is a major future concern. But there's no denying he's not been close to the same guy since the 2nd knee repair. Maybe that's physical or maybe it's mental - but he hasn't been the same.

AP is the exception and not the rule. If someone is going to talk acl injuries all the time then it's considered a blanket statement.
Ridley has just had that surgery and isn't even available for mini camps. I'd say it's safe to say his acl is just as (or should be) as important as griffins when using it as a negative

Ridley 1 ACL.

RG3 2 ACLs and 1 dislocated ankle.

3 ACLs=career over.

It's not even a close comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.