• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What the....? Jason Reid Show is back on...

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score
and the story behind why and how it was taken off might be the most embarrassing, idiotic thing we've seen since Snyder came to Washington.
Report: Fake ESPN President Tried To Get D.C. Radio Show Cancelled

The oddest of these events were two phone calls received by the station in the days leading up to "The Man Cave's" planned debut by a man representing himself as Skipper. In one of the calls, the imposter threatened legal trouble for the station and possible financial penalties if it bumped "Mike and Mike" for "The Man Cave," according to three people with knowledge of the calls.

While it seemed odd that someone as high-profile as Skipper would meddle with programming at a local affiliate, the imposter was apparently convincing to [Red Zebra Broadcasting chief executive Rick] Carmean, who took the calls. In addition to mimicking Skipper's accent (Skipper is a native of North Carolina), the caller also knew details about the station's inner workings and called from a number with an 860 area code — in Connecticut, where ESPN is headquartered.

But isn't the real story here that the media and most fans jumped to the conclusion that stopping the show's debut was a direct action imposed by Snyder and driven by his desire to muzzle critical opinion and punish someone who had previously been a big critic? And that this shows that, in fact, was absolutely a false narrative?

Am I missing something here?

I might even suggest that a number of high profile people may owe Snyder and Allen an apology...

That is just bizarre. I mean really weird stuff. And yeah, if there is no proven connection between this "Skipper impostor" and Snyder or Allen, an apology is definitely owed, though will never come.

Snyder has done (and continues to do) enough to earn our scorn, he doesn't need fake stuff attributed to him as well...

But isn't the real story here that the media and most fans jumped to the conclusion that stopping the show's debut was a direct action imposed by Snyder and driven by his desire to muzzle critical opinion and punish someone who had previously been a big critic? And that this shows that, in fact, was absolutely a false narrative?

Am I missing something here?

I might even suggest that a number of high profile people may owe Snyder and Allen an apology...

To take it further it's more lazy reporting. Anyone who thinks Snyder doesn't allow open criticism hasn't been paying attention to the folks at the local radio stations anyway. But come on, you'll yank a show off the air without a little more due diligence than that? More bush league reactionism.

I think it's weird that they didn't go to further lengths to confirm that these calls were really coming from the head of ESPN, but there's not a company in America that, threatened by legal action by someone they believe to be powerful, that's not going to hit the brakes on an endeavor. What I don't understand though is terminating the producer - how does that make sense or was that also false reporting???

Oh no doubt a flinch was warranted but no immediate follow up communication? Weird indeed.

I already emailed my disgust with the station. Looks like no radio for me during the morning commute. Unless it's the P word station.

Some speculation that after all the uproar over the shows 'cancellation' that Snyder realized Jason Reid had a 2 year contract and that he didn't want to pay him for nothing for 2 years, hence a 'concocted' story about the imposter phone call. Even acknowledging Snyder might not be the greatest human being ever, that stretches the bounds of believability in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.