• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What does our GM think of Morris?

Mr McGloo is a football man. And by all accounts, a damn good one.
Alfred Morris is a football player. And by all evidence, a damn good one.

I suspect Mr McGloo loves Alfred Morris.
Doesn't mean he won't, or shouldn't, draft another one.

And in reality, if an offer too good to refuse is made for Alfred, I'd imagine he'd at least consider it.

Whether he remains our starter, or a vehicle that provides us with valuable picks, he is one of the best assets on the team.
I have no doubt that Mr McGloo feels the same way.

I choose not to be unnerved until given reason to. :)

I would say that if we were in conversations with Forsett as reported, and he still opted to re-sign with Baltimore, it's not out of the realm to think he was told he wouldn't be the feature back. Nothing concrete to prove this, just a possibility, brewed up by connecting made up dots in my mind.

Last edited:
This is the most likely scenario.

Morris is going into year 4. Running backs have short life expectancies. Redd might be the answer for an all around back, but I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up another back in round two.

Are there any that grade that high? I haven't heard much regarding RBs in this years draft, and no clear cut, Reggie Bush, type player that would be a legit starter. Like you said, RBs have short life expectancies, and the value of RBs has dropped big time. You have a couple elite guys, but you also have a very large pool of above average guys, that for all intents and purposes can be interchanged. I don't think I'd use a pick above the 5th round on an RB right now, unless the guy is an absolute home run. Just my opinion.

Go figure, I forgot about Gurley, but even he has knee history now... and when Chubb came in, he was more productive at Georgia. Melvin Gordon could be something but neither one of them are going to fall to the 2nd round are they?

Last edited:
Ajayi is no slouch.
If we don't sign Thomas or Ridley, I'm all for Ajayi if he somehow lasts to the 4th round. I doubt he makes it out of the 3rd and I don't see us taking a RB that high.

Speaking of Forsett, I met him today at a charity event. He was extremely good with the kids…good young man.

Morris is a workhorse back but not a threat on the edge.

The Redskins are looking to replace Roy Helu with someone that can catch the ball like Roy did but who can also provide a better balance in the ground game in case Morris gets dinged.

We also need a guy that can go out there and not get our qb killed on long yardage downs.

Next year, I don't think the Redskins will sign Morris to a mega contract like the ones that Murray or McCoy signed.

Not with Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan needing new deals and an open question at the qb position.

He is more than a workhorse - he'd be a helluva lot better with some capable big uglies in front of him. I think he's arguably the most underrated back in the NFL. But he's not a pass-catching back and that point is well taken. He's also proven to be tough and durable. I'm less concerned about a 'backup' because Morris is all guts and doesn't let minor dings take him out of action. But we need a change of pace back and someone dangerous to spell him.

Morris is a guy you want on your team until he literally can't perform. Note I didn't mention 'mega-deal'. But I do think you are understating his value.

I have to believe McL loves Morris - especially at the current price!!!

What I think McL and everyone else knows is that we need an off-set....a speedster.......to increase the options available to the offense. the etam has been trying to create this capability ever since Helu was drafted.

I was against Redd last season....as being another ALF. but that may be just what we need for insurance and fresh legs. here's hoping Redd breaks out as an ALF-like stud runner.

Next year, I don't think the Redskins will sign Morris to a mega contract like the ones that Murray or McCoy signed.

Not with Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan needing new deals and an open question at the qb position.

and not with DJax entering his final year and also, thinking the best, needing to ink Pot Roast to a healthy longer-term contract.

finally, either Griffin gets his next year or we're back in the QB hunt IMO. in short, another potential cap bite.

I don't think you will see DeSean Jackson back here after next season.

At 29/30, I don't see McCloughan resigning a receiver that lives by speed to a long-term contract.

Jackson is a great player to have IF you also have a good possession receiver to go over the middle, a tight end that can use his size to score in the red zone and other guys you can bring in to block on certain plays on the outside.

At 5'9 and 175, Jackson brings one skill, a definite skill that defenses have to take account of. But still not an all-around player to hand a franchise contract.

Knighton may be the exception to the 'about or over 30' rule in re contracts.

At 6'3 and 331 he seems ideally suited to NT in the Redskins 3-4.

If he plays up to expectations in 2015 I would expect him to be resigning for good money.

NTs and DTs have a longer shelf life than running backs and receivers.

Sam Adams, Vince Wilfork, Kevin Williams, and our own Dave Butz from back in the day were all interior DL that played at a high level into the mid-30's and contributed to championship teams.

Knighton at 29 next year IMO would still be a high factor player for another 3-4 years.

Yeah..but that speed led the league last year and he hasn't shown a single drop of slowing down. Getting rid of a player simply due to being close to 30 is as silly as signing someone strictly on their age. Jackson led the league with catches over 50 yards for a reason.

I like Jackson, for the next couple of years. The problem is he is going to want a 5-6 year deal with large bonus to come back here after taking a cap friendly deal after leaving the Eagles.

I don't think we want a 31-32 year old Jackson taking up $11M under the cap at WR. At least I think Scot McCloughan will look at it that way as he has done in the past.

I have to believe McL loves Morris - especially at the current price!!!

What I think McL and everyone else knows is that we need an off-set....a speedster.......to increase the options available to the offense. the etam has been trying to create this capability ever since Helu was drafted.

I was against Redd last season....as being another ALF. but that may be just what we need for insurance and fresh legs. here's hoping Redd breaks out as an ALF-like stud runner.

I may be biased, but I like Jeremy Langford the fastest back in this years draft and has played WR. He might go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so I'm not sure whether he'd be on our radar that early.

We need a third down, change of pace back that can take a swing pass and be a threat to go 70 yards for a TD.

That and a healthy Jordan Reed is what this team has been missing in the passing game.

I like Jackson, for the next couple of years. The problem is he is going to want a 5-6 year deal with large bonus to come back here after taking a cap friendly deal after leaving the Eagles.

I don't think we want a 31-32 year old Jackson taking up $11M under the cap at WR. At least I think Scot McCloughan will look at it that way as he has done in the past.
I've been seeing people say what players will "want" but that's not obvious nor is it anything but speculation.

Jackson hasn't said he wants to be here a long time, players don't normally sign on to teams for life anymore, and you see guys like him bounce from team to team searching for a ring.

He could end up wanting to play in cali for his golden years to be closer to home, he could end up in new england.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.