• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign S Jeron Johnson

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 16, 2015

REDSKINS SIGN S JERON JOHNSON

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent safety Jeron Johnson. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Johnson (5-10, 212) originally entered the NFL as a college free agent with the Seattle Seahawks on July 26, 2011. In four seasons with Seattle, Johnson appeared in 46 regular season games with one start, compiling 19 tackles (14 solo), 2.0 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Johnson contributed to the Seahawks’ squads that won Super Bowl XLVIII and appeared in Super Bowl XLIX.

Last season, Johnson appeared in 15 games for the Seahawks and set career highs in tackles (11) and forced fumbles (one). He made his first career start in Week 10, collecting a team-high eight total tackles and a pass defensed in a 38-17 win against the New York Giants.

Johnson played collegiately at Boise State, where he earned all-conference honors three consecutive years across the 2008-10 seasons.

Johnson, 26, attended Dominguez H.S. in Compton, Calif., where he was named San Gabriel Valley League defensive MVP as both a junior and senior. He was born on June 12, 1988.

He played behind both Kam and Earl....that right there is a good sign. Every Hawk fan LOVES him and only are OK with losing him because of having those 2 in front.

Plus, at 2 mil per year you just can't beat the signing.

This is the type of player Allen would have missed in years past.

But we didn't miss. Yay us!

Nice to have an adult in charge of personnel. :)

Hmmm, wondering if this means Hall's tenure is over as well. I like all the FA signings so far!

Hmmm, wondering if this means Hall's tenure is over as well. I like all the FA signings so far!

I don't believe this had, or will have anything to do with Hall's future. Prior to this signing, we had neither a starting SS nor a FS. This knocks out the SS.

Hall may hang around given Culliver's injury history....or not given Hall's recent setbacks!

I keep opening these threads expecting to see some 9 yr vet being signed. What a relief to see us going after young FA's.

I think you could see us sign a couple of 30 plus year old guys, but after the draft when teams go through that second round of veteran cuts.

My guess is we will be looking for veteran leaders from clubs that have won something.

And these signings will all be 1 year deals.

But he's also going to be 32.

At some point we need to find his replacement.

I see 2013 as his high water mark here.

Veterans around 30 often have one of their best seasons before they start to decline.

It happened to Portis after that 1,487 yard season for the club in 2008 (?).

Fletcher also had that one great year before he started to fade, although he was already 35 at that point.

But in any case we don't want to continue to count on a guy that may not be able to deliver any longer.

He'll show his worth in training camp/preseason. Obviously, if he can't outplay Toast, the weakest CB currently on the roster, then we have to send him on his way.
I hope he's healthy. Cause when he is, he's a playmaker. On what we all seem to think is going to be an improved defense, even more so.

I am really looking to Fewell to see what can be done with Amerson. He has the size and speed to be a good NFL corner but seemingly lacks the motivation (ie kick in the ass) to consistently work to get better.

Barry and Fewell are new coaches on their honeymoons in Washington, they need to pull Amerson aside and tell him if he hopes to get a good second contract in the NFL he has to pick up his game or else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.