• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo goes to Tennesee

Beast physique, no technique.

I'll remember Orakpo as a poster-child for the Redskins over the past 20 years ... tons of hype backed by a whole lot of disappointment.

I was glad as well. As much because it finally closed the door on his return here.

He was a favorite of Allen and Snyder and to me this shows McCloughan is being allowed to run the offseason business as he and the coaches see fit.

That's a welcome change.

In other news...Snyder now owns the Titans as of a week ago...

I was glad as well. As much because it finally closed the door on his return here.

He was a favorite of Allen and Snyder and to me this shows McCloughan is being allowed to run the offseason business as he and the coaches see fit.

That's a welcome change.
Yep.

I may remind you that you said that, next time the conversation turns to why RG3 is slated to return in 2015 ... ;)

At one point this looked like one of Vinnyboy's best picks (not that he set the bar very high), but scheme changes that forced him more into coverage and the chronic injuries rendered him as just another disappointment.
At least he had a better career than Lavar Arseington

They said last year the sides were 3 -4 million a year apart in negotiations which 4-5 million a year is about right for a guy like him because while he was good he never elevated his game to where he had game changing plays I think 4 forced fumbles from him if he had had more forced fumbles and more stuffs behind the LOS he would have been a different player

OM, I do think Scot has been evaluating Griffin. I can see how he might not want to pull the plug on a 25 year old qb until he is satisfied the guy is a flat out bust.

Maybe Scot has already come to that decision, I don't know.

What I do believe though is that he didn't walk in the door and say 'let's cut Griffin to get better'.

Clearly. I was just pokin' a little fun based on what I thought you were suggesting in another thread ... that letting Orakpo go was a good sign we were "moving on" and that Scot was clearly in charge, implying (I thought) that you thought it was time to move on from Griff as well. If Scot is clearly in charge, then the fact Robert is still here has to be his call as well.

Anyway ...

Khan thought throwing some money around in free agency was going to change things in JAX.

He should have learned from Jones and Snyder.

As well as the Raiders and Bucs who always seem to waste millions.

Khan thought throwing some money around in free agency was going to change things in JAX.

He should have learned from Jones and Snyder.

As well as the Raiders and Bucs who always seem to waste millions.

He has to do something. That is college football country down there...he has to appeal to the rabid Saturday afternoon crowd. Georgia, Florida and Florida State have huge followings and many of those fans don't really care about pro ball.

I remember the year we drafted Orakpo, the Redskins were "running" to the podium so to speak to make the pick.

Now, we are running away from Brian and I couldn't be happier.

I suspect that with a mediocre team, he'll continue to be much of what he's been during his years in D.C. - someone whose not capable of elevating the performance of the players around him as a result of his own play.

I loved the Rak pick...he was a beast at Texas. he just never learned anything but that damn bull rush move and teams would just neutralize it or clothesline him and no hold would get called.

that on top of the injuries just made him too expensive to keep around. he was never made for the 3-4 and I wish him nothing but the best...but TN is in for a surprise on the IR.

Just like Jarvis Jenkins is only now working on his pass rushing 😀

That rustling we're hearing just might be the sound of a page being turned ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.