• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo goes to Tennesee

Williams is a younger version of Brian. one move to The QB already has a torn pec IIRC

I think it's ridiculous to blame Shanahan in this case Ryman. The guy couldn't stay on the field. That's why he's gone. It'll likely happen again. Coaching has nothing to do with that.

Ha, yeah.
With better coaching, he would have just been a better coached guy, stuck on the IR

well then.....just think of the number of sacks he could have gotten with the proper physical work out training led by team trainers!!!

It is true that the Redskins up till 2015 never made the necessary investments to make the 3-4 a successful scheme here in DC.

We have tried 4-3 tackles at end, ends at outside linebacker, etc.

We took Andre Carter who posted 10 sacks as a DE and just put him out at LB expecting an 8th year veteran to transition and play well there.

We brought in Barry Cofield and played an undersized guy at NT and then wondered why he got ground down in midseason.

We continued to bring in 4-3 personnel on the DL (Hatcher) making the argument 'well we don't run the 3-4 all the time', etc.

This is really the first year we invested in a NT who is capable of anchoring the position.

We brought in younger and quicker DEs.

We have a young middle backer in Robinson backing up the line.

And we seem more committed to solving the rush issues at OLB and not just assume everything is fine there with Orakpo as Haslett did for 3 plus years.

We have recognized we have one starting OLB for the 3-4 in Kerrigan and have to work to upgrade the position to move forward.

We wil see what the team comes up with, but their initial moves for the 3-4 were the correct ones.

rak reached a plateau...and physical issues kept him there. agree the risk was high in inking him to another high dollar contract.

all that aside....he strikes me as a class guy and I hope he reaches his full potential.

I agree with everything except that I believe the initial moves to the 3-4 were ridiculous. we took a strength and made it a weakness, and I believe we literally set the team back a decade by doing so

Yup...we had a solid, not great but solid,. defense. We turned that defense into one of the worst in the league in a year's time. If Shanahan hadn't tinkered with a good enough defense and concentrated on the offense, alone...we may have had more success round these parts.

I don't know what to think about this deal. We have nobody who can rush the left side now. Kerrigan gets completely shut down every time he moves over there and Murphy is just so slow.

The titans are getting him for under 4 mill a year(guaranteed)with options that could make it 8 mill a year. At that price I think we should have resigned him. That's a hell of a deal they got if he stays healthy.

I don't know what to think about this deal. We have nobody who can rush the left side now. Kerrigan gets completely shut down every time he moves over there and Murphy is just so slow.

The titans are getting him for under 4 mill a year(guaranteed)with options that could make it 8 mill a year. At that price I think we should have resigned him. That's a hell of a deal they got if he stays healthy.

Titans got him for a four year 31.5 million contract with incentives I've heard it could go as high as 35 million
the redskins stuck to their guns and had him at around 4-5 million a year depending on the contract

it is good to see another team overpay for our players
Murphy has a lot of upside probably will never be a 3 down player but is better against the run than Orakpo if Murphy can get more forced fumbles then we might have a decent player for a few years

...if he stays healthy.

I think that says it all. He needs a change and we need to move on. With the moves along the interior of the line, it should keep the double teams away from Kerrigan and he should be much better transitioning to the other side...if that is indeed the plan.

If a defense can't stop the final drive of a game it stinks plain and simple year after year from Norv till now we have seen this defense wether it's the 4-3 or 3-4 fail to stop that final drive

what hurt our transition to the 3-4 was Albert worthless then the cap penalty didn't help either with players looking for guaranteed money we were not in position to sign most impact players we got some and they were decent.
Mother teams force their players to play OLB when they switch like Trent cole of the eagles and no drop off or minimal drop off

Watch, now that he's no longer a skin Rak will get EVERY holding call against him. BSPN will vilify every LT he goes against too.

Yup...we had a solid, not great but solid,. defense. We turned that defense into one of the worst in the league in a year's time. If Shanahan hadn't tinkered with a good enough defense and concentrated on the offense, alone...we may have had more success round these parts.

bubba...I agree with the idea on the shift to 3-4 not being executed smartly and therefore may not have been a great idea to start with. I disagree on the quality of the previous defenses theme - those defenses, even when occasionally ranked high...flat out sucked. it was always a "bend but don't break" concept that consistently broke when it counted. since 1992 SB we have never, ever had a top flight defense. now, I agree we may have had more to work with - though even there the piece parts kept changing.

let's face it - across the board this team has not sustained a core competency in anything since 1992.

let's hope McL changes that :)

Yeah, someone already alluded to it, but we haven't had a defense, other than one of Greg Williams', that could get a stop when they absolutely had to have it. The would bend all game long keeping it close, but ultimately break in the end. The move was ill-timed, and poorly done. No question about that. But going to a fat, ugly, stupid girl, doesn't warrant pining for the fat, ugly, average IQ girl you left behind.

Good organizations don't settle by overpaying guys. Orakpo moves on, I fully expect the GM to find a replacement in the draft.

I read one piece where there was thought you platoon Murphy on run downs with an older vet like Freeney to rush the qb to bridge us to 2016.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.