• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Sign DL Stephen Paea

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 11, 2015

REDSKINS SIGN DL STEPHEN PAEA

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed unrestricted free agent defensive lineman Stephen Paea (“pie-yah”). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Paea (6-1, 300) is a veteran of four NFL seasons after being originally selected by the Chicago Bears in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 55 career games with 40 starts, all with Chicago, recording 94 tackles (56 solo), 12.0 sacks, six passes defensed and two forced fumbles.

Last season, Paea established career highs in games played (16), starts (16), total tackles (33), solo tackles (24), tackles for loss (eight), sacks (6.0) and forced fumbles (two).

Paea played collegiately at Oregon State from 2008-10 after beginning his college career at Snow College in Ephraim, Utah from 2006-07. He was a two-time winner of the Morris Trophy, which is awarded annually to the top defensive lineman in the Pac-12.

Paea, 26, attended Timpview H.S. in Provo, Utah, where he earned all-region and all-division honors while playing on the offensive and defensive lines in his first season of football. He was born on May 11, 1988 in Auckland, New Zealand, and was raised on the islands of Vavaʻu in his native Tonga.

The only information they left out, is how to pronouce his name.

Hopefully it's pronouced in a way, that causes the following to rhyme :

You wanna piece o' Paea ?
Its only in the very first sentence. [emoji13]

After letting two disappointing 2011 picks go in Hankerson and Helu and potentially Jenkins as well, it's nice to get one back 😊

We had enough picks in 2011 to make it a core draft to rebuild the team.

Unfortunately after 3 short years we are left with one starter in Kerrigan and a special teams performer in Niles Paul.

That's it.

Jesus, man. Is it a constant reminder for you to tell us all how we've messed up even to the point of telling us when we get one right?

Just curious when it slows down.

Look, I sat through a lot of games at FedEx that afterward I felt like barfing into a bag.

That ain't going to be forgotten easily.

Neither will the championships that Cooke, Beathard and Gibbs delivered.

Hence the explanation of why I bring up positive memories from the 1980's and 1990's and negative ones from the 2000's.

Between the merger in 1970 and Gibbs' departure in 1993 the Redskins had one of the top 5 records in the NFL.

Since that time we have been bottom 5.

Now that Scot is here I am more optimistic about where this team can go.

But the uncontested departures of several of our 2011 picks was an irony I found it hard to get over when I read this guy's bio and found out he came out that year.

But you bring up the 80s as a way to dog out today...

The days of Gibbs and beathard are long gone. That's just life. If every time we have a good move we have to be reminded about how little we've done compared to the old great girlfriend it's going to suck.

No, it's called living up to a high standard.

I don't compromise on standards. If you are going to do something meaningful, do it right.

Or get out of the way.

I am not going to alibi the half-ass way this team was run during the past 15 years.

At the same time I am not going to blame Gruden or McCloughan for the mistakes of others.

It's a two way street.

You don't give anything either so you're constantly reminding people of how bad they once were even if they're trying to do better.

You constantly bringing up Gibbs proves it. You can't get over the 80s and if it isn't that you bring that up as the only measuring stick there is. Not everyone wins the super bowl every year, dynasties are cool because they happen so rare.

I'm just telling you that I see what is happening here, I hear it, and we all get it. The 80s rocked! RFK rocked. But that's gone. What we have is what is here now. And reminding people over and over about the past isn't doing anything.

'How bad they once were' ?

I already stated that Gruden and McCloughan weren't responsible for these mistakes and I was not blaming them.

'They are trying to do better'

Once again the people who made many of these poor decisions are gone. The only one left is the owner. I am indeed watching him closely to see what happens with personnel when one of his favorite players gets benched or the HC or GM wants to release them.

That's when the rubber hits the road.

If they're gone can you let it go?

Let what go? Helu and Hankerson just left DC TODAY!

Today is the day if there is one to reflect back on them and their time here.

And whether we blew those picks.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like trying to talk to you about this is pointless. Have fun in 87.

Have fun expecting to see and being happy seeing mediocrity.

The NFL loves fans that are downright giddy over 8-8 or 9-7.

Have fun throwing a ball over the mountain and reminiscing, uncle rico.

Better a wishful thinker than a worn out reflector

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.