• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Washington may be in the Mariota business

The big controversy on Clowney last year was should he just sit out his last year of college to avoid injury, because everybody and their brother had him penciled in as the number one pick in the draft. The whole argument was whether to risk millions by getting hurt in a college game.
It seemed like every other day some ESPN show,whether on TV or radio, debated this ad nauseum.

Clowney played and it was obvious to anyone that he was playing with half hearted effort in order not to jeopardize his draft status.
Never agreed with that approach but I've never been in that situation.

If someone told you " Stay healthy for one year and next year,I'll pay you 20 million plus", what would you do?

Call them a liar because you don't get 20 mil under the new rookie contract agreement.

He played soft because he didn't put in the work.

He was OK," Spurrier said on NFL Network, the implication being that Clowney didn't exactly wear out the alarm clock or tax the hinges on the weight-room door. "It wasn’t like Marcus Lattimore, you know, every player is a little different. His work habits are pretty good, they’re not quite like Lattimore, a Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, some of those guys, but when the ball is snapped he’s got something no one else has.

My only point is that I would cheer and have no reservations about Williams here, with Clowney there were concerns. He was to me less a slam dunk pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.