• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Washington may be in the Mariota business

I don't get the fascination with Bradford.

Supposedly Kelly didn't like that Foles was limited athletically and wasn't good on the edge.

After all of his injuries Bradford has the body of a 40 year old man.

He was not swift to begin with and that was before the ACL.

Chances are this is nothing more than to see who gets froggy and jumps first. Having this out there may just as much for the Browns and couple other teams versus the Eagles.

I see someone getting antsy early in the draft and want to move up. If he is there at #5 our phone will be ringing off the hook.

Plus don't discount the idea our FO is playing Kelly like a banjo.

wellll...maybe...just maybe...the background mumbling that Mariota has all the tools, dedication and smarts to succeed in a conventional style offense after a couple years are accurate. the same rumblings muse that Mariota may eventually become a top tier QB. if McL sees same...per previous posts...I'm in! can't explain it...but the more I research Mariota, the more I believe he can mature into a special QB.

time will tell!

I don't care who we pick. But it better be an impact player with special talent. We can't afford to blow another top five pick.

McCloughan wanted Bradford so he told Chiiiiip to get him and package him with the rest of the draft picks we want to get Mariotta.

We have to act like we are interested so the Browns give us their 2 first round picks this year, and their first round and 2nd round picks next year for him!

We don't need to say anything - if mariota were available at 5 the calls will come regardless.

McCloughan wanted Bradford so he told Chiiiiip to get him and package him with the rest of the draft picks we want to get Mariotta.

so...we're gonna trade the 5th pick for a couple 20th+ first picks and whatever number of 2nd and 3rd rnd picks? not sure that's a good deal.

kelley came out today and stated he was not going to trade the farm for Mariota.

several teams stocking interim QBs - i.e., starters while Mariota learns pro style system. Cooley suggested today that Kelley may also be considering shifting to more pro style/conventional offense (his offense has broken down toward end of last two seasons).

So is Marriott the only player worth a top 5 pick to the other teams?

Fascinating conversation. Thanks McD.

I believe that what Clark is saying, that Gruden and Company don't believe Griffin has what it takes to be 'the guy', is true. In fact, it's blatantly obvious. What I don't understand is why we have yet to ship him elsewhere for whatever we can get for him.

As soon as I saw stephen a smiff speak I knew I could dismiss this as yet another non story

The cynic in me answers your question with Snyder. :)

I suspect that at present we don't like our options. Probably not thrilled with Kirk and McCoy showed he limiting he is last year.

I'm with you. If they're done with the guy, trade him for a 4th and move on.

This is a story that's likely to gain traction as we approach the Draft. So many angles to it ...

How likely is it Clayton was simply throwing shit against the wall versus sharing some actual info?

How serious is the chance Mariota slips to #5?

How likely is it the Jets, Eagles or someone else is serious enough to legitimately try to trade up to get him?

How likely is it RG3 will take to social media between now and then and either cool or fan the flames on his relationship with Jay?

And ultimately ... how good does McLuvin' think Mariota is--does he think the man has "it," like he thought Russell Wilson did?

I'm hoping Griffin continues to be silent on social media. Seems like nothing good happens when he gets on no matter what he says or does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.