• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Roy Helu to Oakland

While everyone likes it when your starting RB can at least get in the way, if not block his ass off, like Portis/Hightower, they're forgiven so long as they produce running the ball. As Morris does.

3rd down backs are expected to be better blockers, and receivers. Roy was definitely a better receiver. But his blocking was worse than Alfred's. And he sucks at it too.

Redd, we hope, can develop his blocking skills. Which Roy never did. Don't know if that's the only reason we let him walk. But it's enough, especially if we think Redd can at least match Roy's production, while improving his blocking skills. if he can't, he'll be the next one gone.

And, if he can produce like Alfred does, running the ball, and improve his blocking, without fumbling like Morris does too damn often, then Redd could be the starter, and Morris will be on his way.

Helu is in Oakland because his other negotiations fell through. Nobody else wanted to give him more than a one year deal.

I think he went into free agency overestimating his value in the market, the deal he signed pretty much confirms that.

Of course the Redskins could have matched 2 for $4M.

McCloughan just didn't see it as a value play going forward.

I can respect the money angle. I can argue it but money is never a clear cut "deserve" thing to me.

But wouldn't it be more valuable to have a better blocking tight end? that used to be the standard.

Well, we need both and Redd is already on the roster with Helu a FA. It doesn't solve our problem of RB's and TE's who can't block, but it does free up at least one redundancy with someone younger and less expensive.

Nick

Well, one night on WTEM Russell said that the team could tell from one practice last year that draft pick Ted Bolser who Allen selected was never going to be an NFL player.

He was 6'5 and 260 and the Redskins projected him as a blocking tight end.

Despite his size he couldn't block a lick.

Just like Lache Sistrunk was a great pick as a back except for the fact he couldn't block, run the ball from scrimmage, or catch passes.

Couldn't return kicks either.

You mean the 6th 7th round picks didn't pan out to be stars?

Man...

Stars? These guys couldn't even compete with the other rookies and undrafted free agents in camp. Russell was simply reporting back what coaches and former players in the media were saying behind the scenes.

Sorry, I forgot to put my Happyville face on this morning.

I'm just sorry you put so much in to a 7th round pick. Must suck to be so emotional over a guy who barely makes the draft.

Well, I could always pull out our #2, #3, and #4 picks from 2011 and focus on disappointment over them.

Oh wait, I did that in another post and you called me on that too.

So, what poor decisions that have been made here in re history are ones you consider 'material' or 'important' to the team and its lack of success?

Morris, great pick
Reed, people love him
Williams, great pick
Breeland, great pick
Smoot, great pick
Taylor, great pick
Cooley, great pick

Do we want to tit for tat?

I don't think it's too much to say thatb our drafting has sucked for twenty years plus. If BT has had season tickets for even half that time period, I'd say he has grounds to complain far more than I do, as someone who has been to three games over that timeline.

I'd also say he should seek therapy. Quickly. :)

That's nice. I also feel I have the right to say that we all get it.

I think I have that right as the same fan for the same amount of time.

Your comment is funny considering you are the one that takes exception to my posts while I read yours on other topics and simply move on.

Sure. You both have that right to complain. Why you're making a big deal about him exercising his right is beyond me.

Well, I'm not either one of you. I am me and that's what I do. I've seen plenty of people make comments about it before but you might not have.

And james, if I have the right to complain why care if I make a "big deal"? I'm just asking him questions and trying to figure out why. There's no name calling or threats.

I was unaware I called names or made threats. If I did, please accept my apologies.

You've been all over BT lately, and it's detracting from discussion, in my opinion. We know you disagree with just about everything he posts.

Not trying to fight his fights for him, just interjecting commentary from the outside.

If you gotta be you how come it is so incomprehensible the rest of us are merely doing the same? 😊

I said there were none. That means none, zero, goose egg.

Oh, you're definitely jumping in the middle here when it wasn't necessary. But that's cool.. I know this is your style. But like before i have never will ever be concerned with how you feel about me.

My style?

Come on Mike.

I remember trying to have a sensible argument about Nick Foles and your contribution was 'he's no good because hes a damn Eagle!' 😆

He's no good for several other reasons that I tried to list. Non athletic, injured, over achieved and lost his job to butt fumble.

But when none of that worked it came down to "he's an iggle" and that's all it needed to be

So he's an overachiever despite being always injured and non-athletic?

I don't see how that is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.