• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Legends that passed on in 2009

I certainly do not want to detract from the legends you intended to highlight, but I lost a legend this year and I thought I'd share him with you all. My dad is the reason why I am am obsessed with the Redskins and the star in my introduction to this site.

I miss you pops!

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss bro...........

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks like he was an awfully nice man....here's to him :cheers:

Thanks a lot guys! I didn't mean to hijack this thread but I would like to give you one more piece of info on my dad I did not find out until after he passed.

I knew he was a Marine, even though he never told me. My mother told me. I knew he served at Guantanamo, but was unaware of when. I never really found myself interested since he never wanted to share much about it.

When we found his discharge papers from the Marine Corp, I discovered my dad was amphibious recon in the Marines, he was involved in the Bay of Pigs, but I am still unaware of what capacity he served while in Cuba.

The most proud I have ever been to be a citizen of the United States of America was the day the Marines laid him to rest in Arlington. Those men gave my father the most honorable service with such deep respect.

for your dad, Elephant . . . Semper Fi

Marine+Killed+Afghanistan+Laid+Rest+Arlington+JcdfFpmA0izl.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.