• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Re-Sign TE Niles Paul

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
March 6, 2015

REDSKINS RE-SIGN TE NILES PAUL

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed tight end Niles Paul. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Paul (6-1, 241) is entering his fifth NFL season after entering the league as a fifth-round selection (155th overall) of the Redskins in the 2011 NFL Draft. For his career, Paul has appeared in 60 regular season games with 17 starts, compiling 53 receptions for 735 yards and two receiving touchdowns in addition to his contributions on special teams.

Last season, Paul set career highs in receptions (39) and receiving yards (507), surpassing his previous highs of eight receptions for 152 yards set in 2012. During Weeks 1-4 of 2014, he recorded at least 60 yards receiving in each game, becoming the first Redskins tight end to accomplish the feat in four consecutive games since Chris Cooley in Weeks 11-14 of the 2007 season.

Paul, 25, played collegiately at Nebraska from 2007-10, earning All-Big 12 Conference second team honors at wide receiver as a senior.
Paul was born on Aug. 9, 1989, and attended North H.S. in Omaha, Neb.

We really need to find a #3 TE that can block at the LOS.

Neither Reed (former qb) or Paul ( former WR) have the requisite size or strength.

This is a special teams move, plain and simple.

I don't agree. I think Paul showed he can catch the ball if Jordan Reed is out of the lineup. After playing WR and working against NFL corners with sub 4.5 speed, Paul should be pretty good at winning one on one matchups with slower safeties and linebackers.

I don't agree. I think Paul showed he can catch the ball if Jordan Reed is out of the lineup. After playing WR and working against NFL corners with sub 4.5 speed, Paul should be pretty good at winning one on one matchups with slower safeties and linebackers.

He was also the best special teams player we've had over the past 3 years. If he can contribute on offense, as you suggest, he will. But make no mistake...he was not signed because of his skills at the TE position.

So, we have Paul and DY on special teams as contributors we can count on in coverage.

That only leaves us with 9 other players to find :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.