• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hogs Haven: Redskins Interested In Suh

Should I throw in there ...sure...I'd sign him for the veteran minimum with incentives. :clown:

Suh definitely isn't Haynesworthless. He actually works hard and I love his spirit. But this doesn't strike me as a Scot move, much more a Danny move, makes me a little nervous.

We'll be linked to every big name until we've shown we've changed our stripes.

Don't see this as a Mcloughan move.....just some agents and dopes in the media saying it to hear their head roar.

Let's put the credibility and accuracy of these reports aside for a second...

To me, the fact is that Suh is a complete jerk on the field and has proven to be such for some time now.

I'd have a difficult time cheering for the guy in my team's colours.

As much as I long and crave for this team to be a winner on the field, I also would like to have a group of guys that wear our colours well.

My gosh....

I like suh, I do. I love his nastiness, intensity, dominance, toughness. All that.

In the 4-3.

This screams haynesworthless all over again. I'm not even talking about attitude or lack of trying. But once again we are looking to force a guy (orakpo) to play a position he can't do and are going to be mad when he can't.

He better walk on..I really hope he walks on.

What CH said. Suh is a total jackass. Last thing this team needs imho. I don't believe we are a potential suitor.

Shit, broke by Dirty D as well!

Seriously though I don't believe this at all honestly....either she's "LaCafornicationg" her stories to see if they'll fly or it's an agent ruse.

Suh would be a dominant 3-4 end. A healthy Hatcher on the other side. Shelton on the nose. Kerrigan, Murhpy/? on the edge. You just improved your secondary without touching it. In a year where safety's are scarce in the draft, and free agency. If terms can be reached that don't inhibit building the rest of the team...

I didn't want Haynesworth, at all. Didn't like the way he was handled, after the fact, either.

Not saying I necessarily want Suh, but I don't get the dread feeling about him that I had about The Slob.

Can't let striking out to a particular pitcher, often, stop you from stepping up to the plate and swinging away.

Building teams with tons of holes can't afford a.) exorbitant free agents and b.) players with character concerns.

This chapter, we have already covered class.

I also don't see yalls fascination with anything reported by the female JLC . Just don't get it

Speaking for myself, I never read any article about the subject. By her, or anyone else.

I just don't have Suh in the same category as Slabworth, when it comes to effort.

Character? Yeah, there are flags there. But choir boys have netted us, nothing.

And, I'd rather be stepped on, than have my face spit in. (See: Sean Taylor, Dexter Manley)

Again, not necessarily advocating us signing him. Just not attaching the guilt by association (to Haynesworth) that most seem to be.
Obviously, any deal that cripples the team financially, from building the rest of the team at the same time, is unacceptable. I just think smart people could get it done.

Whether they would or not, is the question.

Seconded.

If the Skins can get past the two obvious big "if's" ...

IF Scotty vets his character issues and decides it's a worthwhile calculated risk, and

IF he could be signed for a $$ number that doesn't crush our ability to reasonably add sufficient new help elsewhere,

... and ended up bagging Suh, I'd sleep ok at night.

Building teams with tons of holes can't afford a.) exorbitant free agents and b.) players with character concerns.

This chapter, we have already covered class.

I agree. Too many holes to get the pricey splash. We've been down this road so many times. People complain about it over and over, yet here we are again and people want to do it again. I long for the day when the Redskins are just one player away from a championship and can sign a guy like this. But for now, no thanks. Pass on the latest "get rich quick scheme", there is long term investing to do.

Just say no to Suh.

Funny, with him and Fairley in the lineup that did NOT in fact 'make' the Lions' secondary and their defense overall seemed to underachieve the talent.

The fact he is a guy that doesn't see how 15 yard penalties can hurt his team, even as a 28 year old veteran, is troubling as well.

You don't win Super Bowls with knucklehead players.

I have seen comparisons in the press to Reggie White and frankly size aside, I don't see it.

White was a defensive leader and a smart guy. He was incredibly consistent for a long period in the NFL. He could move inside, outside, flop sides and was still effective.

He was correctly identified by Green Bay as a defensive core player to go with Brett Favre on the offensive side in building the Packers to contender status.

That was Ron Wolf's decision-making as GM and it worked as Green Bay made it to back to back Super Bowls in 1996 and 1997.

Suh is not Reggie White Jr.

While he's not Haynesworth either, he isn't worth a maximum deal.

I'm 98% sure this is a moot discussion anyway.

The man is going to command a monster salary ... far more than we're going to be willing to pay given the other clear needs all up and down the roster. Questions about his character and how he'd fit into a Skins D (regardless of who's around him) make for spirited conversation, but are really just an intellectual exercise.

The Raiders have $40M in cap money to spend, let them do what they usually do and sign the biggest name to the most outrageous contract.

Remember LaMarr Woodley? ONE YEAR into a four year contract and he is already on his way out of town.

The Raiders don't get it. The Steelers don't give up on guys that can still play or that they can sign to reasonable contracts.

I'm 98% sure this is a moot discussion anyway.

... spirited conversation, but ... really just an intellectual exercise.

:) I humbly submit that this pretty much sums up almost all NFL discussion at this time of year. NFL fiction abounds! Someone threw a bit more at the wall, let's discuss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.