• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hogs Haven: Redskins Interested In Suh

Truth, thy name is SNF.

It's pretty clear that all 32 teams have an interest, even Detroit... But that interest comes with a perceived value limit that teams are willing to invest. The Redskins are probably not one of those teams who would have strong enough interest to warrant significant consideration by Suh. The new GM has made it pretty clear how he believes successful teams are built. Is Suh worth the cap hit of 2-3 players + Danny Shelton (who could be drafted with the #5 pick) next year and in the following 3+ seasons? I doubt it.

My gosh....

I like suh, I do. I love his nastiness, intensity, dominance, toughness. All that.

In the 4-3.

This screams haynesworthless all over again. I'm not even talking about attitude or lack of trying. But once again we are looking to force a guy (orakpo) to play a position he can't do and are going to be mad when he can't.

He better walk on..I really hope he walks on.

It could be an Orakpo situation if we wanted him to be a NT. It could also be a JJ Watt situation if we wanted him to play 3-4 DE. Just sayin'...

What CH said. Suh is a total jackass. Last thing this team needs imho. I don't believe we are a potential suitor.

I'm of two minds about this. First, I do think he is a jackass and I'm not thrilled with it. And then second, he would fit right in with some of the all time greats from yesteryear like Deacon Jones and Night Train Lane. Guys with a genuine nasty streak who played all out and who were so good at their signature moves on the field that those moves have been banned by the NFL rules committee as "dirty".

Neither of those two comments should be construed as support for bringing him in here although I have to say that he is actually the type of FA acquisition I might support. He is young enough to be at the very top of his game. He is a game changer and a guy that MUST be accounted for by the opposition on every play because he never takes a play off. He is a big ugly, not a flashy diva.

However, having said all that, I doubt he will come to Washington. I know I wouldn't in his shoes.

On another note...anyone here know anyone at hogshaven? I had to remove them from my news feed for titling items more and more like pft. Reporting things that others half ass report as fact is just not cool. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings

Suh has plenty in the tank and would be a huge upgrade...if he leaves Detroit he's looking for a pay day. So I hope we pass on him.

It's pretty clear that all 32 teams have an interest, even Detroit... But that interest comes with a perceived value limit that teams are willing to invest. The Redskins are probably not one of those teams who would have strong enough interest to warrant significant consideration by Suh. The new GM has made it pretty clear how he believes successful teams are built. Is Suh worth the cap hit of 2-3 players + Danny Shelton (who could be drafted with the #5 pick) next year and in the following 3+ seasons? I doubt it.

I tend to agree with you, but this Danny Shelton is starting to concern me.

I don't know how many here follow @cianaf on twitter, but if you don't you should start. He's a blogger/scout/writer for four different publications, has his own site, and is now offering services to a few teams. Very similar to McLovin last year.

Anyway, his accuracy is pretty sick. Last season he wrote 2 comments about our draft:

1. Breeland. Best pick of the round. A huge steal that far down in the draft.

2. That man crush running back that RG3 liked from Baylor. Worst pick of the round, will be a huge bust in the NFL. Can't catch, can't block and the worst field vision of the entire class.

Anyway, he's throwing up red flags all over Shelton fwiw. He scouts the hell out of these players, and says Shelton is a tweener--has no idea who he is as a player, or where he would fit in the league.

A few comments from him fwiw:

Up to 59 prospects watched now so thinking more about draft scenarios. This is what I'd do if I was GMing at top:

1. Bucs: Mariota
2. Titans: Winston
3. Jax: Vic Beasley
4. Oak: Kevin White
5. Was: Leonard Williams

Also from him:

I think if I were to separate a "top tier" of prospects this year I'd have five in there: Gurley, Mariota, Beasley, Fowler and White.

Yeah, if we are going to over pay for a DT, I'd rather them reach for Shelton. He may be a better value pick around 10 and a reach at 5. But I'd prefer a slight reach on a rookie versus a cap crushing signing of a vet.

By the way, but I love your screen name. We laugh all the time at work when people say "mute point". So another guy and I have started using moot in place of mute. So we say "oh sorry, my phone was on moot." I think only one other person has picked up on it so far.

eh...while I'd like him here at the right price...recall that there were similar press reports for one or two of the high end safeties on the FA market last year. nothing ever came of it.

Man crush waste of a pick?

How can you be the worst pick of the 6th round?

Twitter bloggers have zero credibility to anyone. Anyone can do it..and most try.

Man crush waste of a pick?

How can you be the worst pick of the 6th round?

Twitter bloggers have zero credibility to anyone. Anyone can do it..and most try.

That was his opinion on Seastrunk the second we picked him.

As sure as he was that Seastrunk was an epic fail, he was equally as sure that Breeland was a great pick.

His track record is solid.

And times have changed....we are getting older.......the best bloggers now get hired by ESPN to be the next generation of McShays.

Who wouldn't take Leonard Williams if he fell to five? 😎

It seems the Redskins are going to pay for that last win against the Eagles by picking just outside the elite group of picks in the draft, including Williams.

While Williams is intiquing they say he has one move to the QB and has the same injury as Orakpo so it will be interesting to see if he does fall to number 5

That was his opinion on Seastrunk the second we picked him.

As sure as he was that Seastrunk was an epic fail, he was equally as sure that Breeland was a great pick.

His track record is solid.

And times have changed....we are getting older.......the best bloggers now get hired by ESPN to be the next generation of McShays.

wait..you're trying to say that bloggers becoming mediots for bspn is some sort of way to tell me they're legitimate?

Riiiiiiight...

I'll just let you think on how many of them have been suspended for being dicks, reporting the wrong thing, or just sucking at their jobs.

Seastrunk was a 6th round pick for a reason...some blogger on twitter talking shit on him doesn't mean a damn thing anymore than someone talking about how great he is. He's in the 6th round for a reason; he was garbage and a project if anything.

wait..you're trying to say that bloggers becoming mediots for bspn is some sort of way to tell me they're legitimate?

Riiiiiiight...

I'll just let you think on how many of them have been suspended for being dicks, reporting the wrong thing, or just sucking at their jobs.

Seastrunk was a 6th round pick for a reason...some blogger on twitter talking shit on him doesn't mean a damn thing anymore than someone talking about how great he is. He's in the 6th round for a reason; he was garbage and a project if anything.

I like the passion but man there is some kinda flaw to this argument, I just can't put my finger on it....

Alfred Bruce Morris[SUP][1][/SUP] (born December 12, 1988) is an American football running back for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draftby the Redskins.[SUP][2][/SUP] He played college football for Florida Atlantic University.

You telling me that you had morris as a stud back coming out of college?

There is no flaw to it...outside of an ex member here not many of us had even heard of morris.

I think some team's going to offer a five or six year $100 million+ deal to snag Suh and I don't see that being the Skins.

I could be wrong but I hope I'm not.

actually unless its a ridiculous contract, I think you trust mclovin if he things suh is worth it.

1- hes a beast 3 tech who can play some on the edge in a 3-4 but having him gives us flexibility in scheme
2- hes an asshat but he is also one of the best dlinemen in the game and hes 28 not 32
3- he gives us an instant upgrade in both run stopping and pass rushing, if we smarten up and move back to a 4-3, we would have an instant solid dline if we resign cofield to a more manageable deal we could actually end up with a solid rotation. I am still all in on Oline but if we could suddenly get a solid dline, it would make our secondary issues less harsh.

You telling me that you had morris as a stud back coming out of college?

There is no flaw to it...outside of an ex member here not many of us had even heard of morris.
You said a 6th rounder is garbage and or a project. As fact. You're a redskins fan so your experience is valid in most cases. I'm not arguing for whoever it is your sparring here... Just one little nitpicking point that a lot of good football players from the 6 and 7 rounds and beyond in the past would argue. They're not all garbage which is why there is a 7 round draft, not 5.

Right...well your nitpicking is not right and as a matter of fact I'm right. Nobody picks a 6th rounder thinking they're going to be a stud or a starter. They're projects or camp fodder or special teams players.

There also used to be 12 rounds so take that for what it's worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.