• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com: Redskins sign Ricky Jean Francois DL/DE

I don't get it. The Colts decide not to bring him back and let him go despite not having a dominating DL, and the Redskins sign him to a three year deal with $4 million in guaranteed money?

Why the guarantees for a guy that is already 28, was a seventh round pick and didn't factor into the Indy's top 7-8 linemen for 2015?

Looks like a backup or spot starter at best to me.

Do you give those guys multiyear deals with anything but incentives?

Because we have nothing else on the line?

Because that's cheap?

Because we need bodies and people who can actually play?

Because he's a vet and might already know the system?

It's not that cheap. He's not a starter and I'd like to know why Indy cut him loose?

Money from what I saw.

3 years for 1.3 per is pretty good if he can perform. I'm not mad at it.

People always told me be careful of what you do
And don't go around breaking young linemen's hearts
And mother always told me be careful of who you draft
And be careful of what you do 'cause the lie becomes the truth

Ricky Jean is not McL's lover
He's just a guy who claims that McL is the one
But the kid is not his son
He says McL is the one, but the kid is not his son

Originally drafted by McCloughan when he was with San Fran?

Ok.

It's interesting, but when I look up youtube videos for his highlights, there aren't any. Not sure what this signing is about & how they are able to do this before March 10. Hmmm.....

EDIT: Let me rephrase. There are highlights, but nothing substantial to really gauge his overall performance.

I think that's right, SS. Him getting cut made him a FA immediately. The others are pending FA's until the start of, free agency.

He's relatively cheap and has comparable production to some of the older, more expensive guys currently taking up cap space on the DL.

Nick

At 6'3 and 297 it will be interesting to see where he fits in.

He was going to count $5.5M against the cap in Indy so they cut him now.

I wonder how based on limited playing time and being a late round pick his salary hit could have escalated to that point.

Barry Cofield cut.

It saves us over $4 million on the cap this year.

Barry Cofield cut.

It saves us over $4 million on the cap this year.

Is the plan to re-sign him at a lower salary, I hope ?
It's not like we're stacked at NT

And am I missing something? If the free agency period hasn't opened yet, how do we sign someone that was cut?

Because he was cut.
If he's cut, we don't have to wait until FA Period starts

So....coefield being cut pretty much paid for a younger guys entire contract of guaranteed money.

That is a great move in the right direction. Count one for McLovin

Is the plan to re-sign him at a lower salary, I hope ?
It's not like we're stacked at NT

Because he was cut.
If he's cut, we don't have to wait until FA Period starts

He won't be re-signed. He's done here.

Now if they also cut Bowen, I believe we will have added roughly $10 million to the cap in total.

Then we can do some damage.

The only thing that I've heard that I don't like so far is that we appear to still have interest in Orakpo. That makes no sense to me with his injury history and our draft position.

It seems we would have a younger, cheaper and healthier option at the 5 spot if we so choose.

And there we go. Stephen Bowen was also just cut.

He and Cofield combined save us $10 million on the cap this year.

So....coefield being cut pretty much paid for a younger guys entire contract of guaranteed money.

That is a great move in the right direction. Count one for McLovin

Cofield and Bowen both gone.

Guess that theory is looking better and better.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.