• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Add Dave Ragone to Coaching Staff

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
February 26, 2015

REDSKINS ADD DAVE RAGONE TO COACHING STAFF

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have named Dave Ragone as Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Ragone joins the Redskins with six seasons of NFL experience, including three as an assistant coach for the Tennessee Titans from 2011-13. In 2012 as the Titans’ wide receivers coach, Ragone helped rookie Kendall Wright lead all NFL rookie receivers with 64 receptions.

Prior to entering the NFL coaching ranks, Ragone spent one season with the United Football League’s Hartford Colonials as the team’s quarterbacks coach. Under Ragone, Hartford quarterback Josh McCown led the league in passer rating and touchdown passes in 2010.

Ragone spent three seasons as an NFL quarterback with the Houston Texans from 2003-05. In the spring of 2005, he also spent time in NFL Europe with the Berlin Thunder and earned league Offensive MVP honors for his performance, leading the league in passer rating (97.5) and setting a league record by throwing 174 consecutive passes without an interception. He was originally a third-round selection by Houston in the 2003 NFL Draft after finishing his career at Louisville, where he was a three-time Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year and led his team to three consecutive bowl games.

A native of Middleburg Heights, Ohio, Ragone was an All-State selection at St. Ignatius H.S. in Cleveland.

RAGONE FOOTBALL TIMELINE

2013: Quarterbacks Coach, Tennessee Titans
2011-12: Wide Receivers Coach, Tennessee Titans
2010: Quarterbacks Coach, Hartford Colonials
2005: Quarterback, Berlin Thunder
2003-05: Quarterback, Houston Texans
1998-2002: Quarterback, Louisville

Coach Ragnar!!!!
Ur reaching
20140227-124746.jpg

Interesting. I don't think I've noticed an assistant coach take a step back to quality control coach before. I know I haven't paid much attention to it, but I often see QC as the first experience of coaches when I'm looking up their history. I can't recall ever seeing one with QC later on in his experience.

Maybe it's a good thing. Him being more concerned with the job he has, verses a title. We need more people who are "overqualified" for the job.

At least Robert won't be able to say he isn't receiving any qb coaching with Ragone, Cavanaugh and Gruden all former position coaches.

But he could say there's too many chefs in the kitchen, and all telling him different contradictory things
hopefully all of these hires will be on the same page relaying the same message overall with only subtle tweaks passed on by each individual

"In 2012 as the Titans’ wide receivers coach, Ragone helped rookie Kendall Wright lead all NFL rookie receivers with 64 receptions."

Statements like that make me laugh out loud.

Hey, he coached him up.

"Dude ... run fast and catch the ball."

Yeah, there's something ridiculous about needing 3+ coaches on either side of the ball. Too many people trying to send different messages. That said, I am not going to be too concerned for a while. I know it takes time & patience to build a winning franchise. So...wait & see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.