• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread specifically for the combine. When is it? Who works out on which days? And what players we might be looking at.

Originally, I had thought that BB's thread might suffice, but why cram all of this stuff into his thread? Give the master some space.

So here we go. All contributions are valued.

When is it, and what is the schedule? And how much value do you place on the combine?

The NFL combine actually begins today. TV coverage begins on Wednesday. Below is a schedule of when each group will work out.

NFL Combine 2015 schedule: Who works out when and what is on TV? | NJ.com

Redskins specific? Here is an article from ESPN: Washington Redskins Safeties

Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Jay Gruden will be interviewed on tv at 1 pm Wednesday.

Keim lost me at " The Redskins don't have a major need at nose tackle"

The failure of the Redskins to recognize the need to move on from Cofield at NT and Orakpo at OLB are key reasons why Haslett's 3-4 didn't work here.

Last year when Haslett's own job was on the line both players were where they have often been, on the injured list.

Not to make any excuse for haz but that salary cap hit was a mother****er

That's still an excuse and not good enough for a historically bad stretch of defenses yr after yr. Wait... I thought it was Shanahans fault? That's what Haz said... Farewell to that era.

Some good news is coming out of the combine that could possibly benefit us.

Reports are that Mariota is "knocking the cover off the ball" in his interview process. Teams seem to love his personality.

That's what we want, and it may give us some trade possibilities down the road.

Beware the combine champs! 😛

Anyone remember Mike Mamula or Erik Flowers?

Workout warriors that were less than advertised once they had to put a uniform on.

He's not talking about drafting Marriotta - the better the QBs appear, the more likely a bidding war for one of them becomes. I think it's likely they'll both be long gone by pick 5 but we can hope.

I know. I was just saying that teams need to beware of guys they 'love' after a 20 minute interview.

One will certainly be gone in the first 15 minutes. The other I believe will ultimately be better than Russell Wilson if he can pick up a pro-style offense, handle read progressions, and throw with anticipation as is needed at the next level. You know, all of the things he has yet to show he can do. (Or get drafted by Chip Kelly.)

But, then again, I don't think Russell Wilson is all that people make him out to be.

But, then again, I don't think Russell Wilson is all that people make him out to be.

He isn't, but he's got a very solid supporting cast. Does the cast make the QB, or the QB make the cast ? As long as it works, don't matter to me.

Beware the combine champs! 

Anyone remember Mike Mamula or Erik Flowers?

Workout warriors that were less than advertised once they had to put a uniform on.

Just a quick reminder about McLuvin not being overly impressed with combine numbers.

For McCloughan, football isn’t a game played in t-shirts or shorts and it isn’t a game that is played in straight lines on a speedy, temperature controlled artificial surafce.

“I think game tape is the DNA,” said McCloughan. “That’s it. You don’t play in T-shirts and shorts. All these kids nowadays get these speed trainers and nutritionists prior to the combine and I don’t blame them, if it gets them more money it gets them more money. I always go back to the tape. I have to. That’s the way I was taught.

“You’re going to see all of a sudden – Georgia is playing Alabama, it’s fourth quarter, it’s fourth and three, who wins on that line of scrimmage? That guard come off and get the play? T-shirt and shorts, you can’t see that. They might be able to bench press 25 times, 40 times, you watch him on tape, the guy has no strength. So I think the tape to me is very important.”

While the testing numbers will not be discounted over the next week by the Redskins general manager, the time spent in Indianapolis will be more about in-person player interviews and diving into medical records.

Link: Redskins: Scot McCloughan approaches combine differently

For McCloughan, football isn’t a game played in t-shirts or shorts and it isn’t a game that is played in straight lines on a speedy, temperature controlled artificial surafce.

“I think game tape is the DNA,” said McCloughan. “That’s it. You don’t play in T-shirts and shorts. All these kids nowadays get these speed trainers and nutritionists prior to the combine and I don’t blame them, if it gets them more money it gets them more money. I always go back to the tape. I have to. That’s the way I was taught.

“You’re going to see all of a sudden – Georgia is playing Alabama, it’s fourth quarter, it’s fourth and three, who wins on that line of scrimmage? That guard come off and get the play? T-shirt and shorts, you can’t see that. They might be able to bench press 25 times, 40 times, you watch him on tape, the guy has no strength. So I think the tape to me is very important.”

While the testing numbers will not be discounted over the next week by the Redskins general manager, the time spent in Indianapolis will be more about in-person player interviews and diving into medical records.

And the opposite of this is why this team has missed terrible across the board. We've had some solid 1st round picks, outside of the QB position, but it's always about what shines most. The marketer in Dan Snyder just can't help himself.

A few interesting notes on some of the players that we are believed to be considering. And some we may not be considering, but that people are high on.

@TonyPauline: Randy Gregory/Nebraska weighed in at 238lbs. Came to combine training at 218lbs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.