• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 2015 NFL Combine Thread

Georgia RB Todd Gurley refused to allow doctors to examine his surgically repaired knee at the Combine.

Gurley tore his ACL last November, the lone red flag on his otherwise spotless resume. Per NFL Network's Mike Silver, it is considered "highly unusual, if not unprecedented" for a player to refuse his physical at the Combine. The NFL may not have full medical information on Gurley until the Combine re-check close to the draft. We can't speculate on why Gurley declined the exam, but it's definitely an eyebrow-raising decision.

Jesse James*made some cash on Friday morning. Legally, I mean. This*Jesse James, a Penn State tight end, is a jumbo 6-foot-7, 261-pound prospect (33" arms and 9 3/8" hands) who clocked 40-yard dash times of 4.86 and 4.83 and added a 10-foot-1 broad jump at combine testing. The latter number beats the showings of Jimmy Graham and*Rob Gronkowski*during their respective draft years. In a bad TE class, James is of a scarce breed combining an inline game with athletic chops. Widely panned for entering the draft early, James may have moved into the middle rounds. Outlaw indeed.

There's a name to keep an eye on.

Steve Mariucci says that "Jameis Winston is the smartest QB he's ever met with."

And he's probably met with every QB of the last 25 years.

Yes please.

Steve Mariucci says that "Jameis Winston is the smartest QB he's ever met with."

Yes please.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Mariucci has said that about at least 5 other QBs. It's hyperbole season. And that gets said about top prospects every single year as it is.

Winston is going above our pick in the draft, and there is no way we are trading up to get him. Only reason Winston will be talked about in relation to the Redskins is as an opponent.

Yes please.
And he knows what about quarterbacks? Please don't give him credit for favre....

He's a mediot that ONLY has a seat in a chair because he knows people on the inside. But he's an idiot and has been since the days he coached in SF

Mariucci has been wildly successful in most of his adult life. He took San Fran to the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons, but failed in Detroit (like most every coach who's coached there does). It's fair to say that he sometimes drifts into hyperbole as Shi mentioned but calling him an idiot - based on what? A lifetime of success? And Mike, we don't have to give him credit for Favre - Favre gives him credit for Favre - to the degree that he actively campaigned for him to be the Packers coach.

He kind of rode a great super bowl winning team to the dirt and ruined them for many years. We know that pain. They also only made the playoffs one year because of a blatant non call.

I don't believe he had any more to do with favre than holmgren and favres receivers for making plays for him. That's not to say he doesn't have some talent but not this guru status he seems to get at times.

Well, he has made some pretty ridiculous claims (particularly about QBs) in recent years. I can't deny that. I just don't think he's the putz some do. Winston reminds me of Cam Newton. Most of the buzz around him approaching the draft was about 'character questions' too. But whether or not you think he can ever take the Panthers to the promised land or not, he has proved to be a pretty steady team guy who works hard and stays out of trouble. Maybe Winston is the same kind of a cat. I don't know.

THAT I can agree with. I dont like Winston and didnt like Cam either...but staying out of trouble and doing good things helps change minds.

Winston ran a 4.97 40....that is not bad at all.

Cam is a big athlete that plays qb. Winston is a qb that plays qb.

Winston in throwing drills...dude is looking really good. Touch and footwork.

But hearing him talk is a different story. I can't believe he went to college and can't speak better than he does. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Mariota is clearly better at these drills..whatever that means.

But that wide receiver today with a 4.32 40?!!! Good gosh!!

A few interesting notes on some of the players that we are believed to be considering. And some we may not be considering, but that people are high on.

@TonyPauline: Randy Gregory/Nebraska weighed in at 238lbs. Came to combine training at 218lbs.

Jumps into frame and jiggles Gregory's gut...."and Randy's getting laaaaaarger!"

I don't want him, but that kid from WVU looks good.

Georgia RB Todd Gurley refused to allow doctors to examine his surgically repaired knee at the Combine.

Gurley tore his ACL last November, the lone red flag on his otherwise spotless resume. Per NFL Network's Mike Silver, it is considered "highly unusual, if not unprecedented" for a player to refuse his physical at the Combine. The NFL may not have full medical information on Gurley until the Combine re-check close to the draft. We can't speculate on why Gurley declined the exam, but it's definitely an eyebrow-raising decision.

- Gurley underwent surgery in Nov if I recall correctly

- he is currently recovering; allowing multiple team doctors to probe the injury during a critical period in the healing process isn't smart. Gurley is being well advised by his medical team. teams should defer to his medical team at this point in the process.

it's not an eyebrow raising decision. it's common sense and smart "preventative maintenance".

Not bad for such a big guy.
However. it was only a 1/100th of a second better than a Division III, 307 pound lineman who ran a 4.98

2015 NFL Combine: A 300-pound lineman from Hobart ran a sub-5 40 - CBSSports.com

was listening to a report last night from a combine attendee - can't recall name or expertise. for what it's worth....the analyst passed that the ball 'explodes" off Winston's hand and that he has been making passes many current NFL QBs can't make.

not saying I'm a Winston backer should he be available when we select....but it does give one pause to think this whole thing through

- Gurley underwent surgery in Nov if I recall correctly

- he is currently recovering; allowing multiple team doctors to probe the injury during a critical period in the healing process isn't smart. Gurley is being well advised by his medical team. teams should defer to his medical team at this point in the process.

it's not an eyebrow raising decision. it's common sense and smart "preventative maintenance".

I think this is the logical explanation as well. Have you guys seen tape of what they do during those physicals? You'd be lucky not to get injured just during the exam.

I'm just finding it sooooo GD hard to get excited about anyone in the underwear Olympics. But still here I sit and watch. I hope this new personnel guy and staff can find some freaking football players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.