• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zorn and Vinny fighting?

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
I don't think beating the "Fire Zorn" drum is going to do any of us any good. We all know he will be gone no matter what happens at the end of this year. Too little, too late.

Now Vinny is another story. Nobody knows what's going to happen to him. I for one blame him and the Danny for the whole damn mess. The only way to right this ship is to "FIRE" his butt. Sooner than later.

Last edited:
Zorn stuck to Portis, Moss and Cooley as the sole options on offense until 2 of the 3 went out of the lineup and a crisis developed.

Why was Zorn not smart enough or confident enough in his own ability to manage these younger players and get more out of them?

There may have been some "other" influence involved. An influence about 5'2, kinda pudgy and with no knowledge of football

How much credit for the turn around and offensive production can or should be credited to Sherm Lewis? Was it the new set of eyes and play calling that has Thomas producing?

I think the players are playing hard for Zorn. They are also playing hard for their own jobs.

Much of the turn around credit should go to Bugel. He is the one that went off during half of Atlanta's game.

I hate the idea that Vinny may getting credit for anything. At the very least he needs to go.

Yep, among other things he ****ed up the kicker situation on top of everything else

Things will never be right until Vinny is fired and Snyder hires a real GM that won't be his yes man and prevent Snyder from meddling.

Until this happens no coach, even Vince Lombardi himself, could save this team.

I remember reading a post from Steinberg a while back transcribing an interview with Sonny. He seemed to tie Vinny's fate here to how the team fared down the stretch with Sherm Lewis calling the plays. That was his shot at redemption and if it were to fail along with everything else, he couldn't see Vinny being around.

Now, we've seen improvement from the offense, I'd attribute a lot of it to the offensive line playing well above their heads and to the play calling as well. There is little doubt that moving Campbell around on bootlegs or roll-outs is a comfort to him. Throwing on 1st down and in the red zone seem to be concepts that Zorn didn't really embrace. So the Sherm Lewis experiment seems to have worked.

I hope and pray though that it isn't enough to keep him in house in any type of final decision role. I'm just fed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.